Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Speed problem (Walkinstown)

• 25-09-2004 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has anyone seen a severe speed problem with NTL this evening. I was trying to play Xbox Live and I kept loosing my connection.

I just ran a couple of speed tests and its fluctuating wildly. I have the 750k option and I'm getting speeds in and around 330 - 560 ???

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

dunno if this is similar to your ntl problems but im on Eircom DSL and this evening it was next to impossible for me to use xbox live also, the connection was dropping all the time, lag was immense, i was warping constantly , its not my lines fault as gaming on my pc was as good as ever and download speeds at maximum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭XT_Dweezil

I live in Delwood area (Blanch) and the cable-tv has been out during the evening, so the guys that should install bb couldn´t due to the outage. :(

So now i´ll have to wait for another week, luckily i´ve got the IOLBB trail in the meantime :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Up in tallaght an its grand here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 CoolNitro

Im from tallaght aswell but my NTL connection is running really slow I ran some bandwidth tests and I get about 700k connection even doh I have the 1.5mb and it really gets to me when I play PC games in local UK servers and get 200 to 300 ping its unplayable.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What url you using to test your speed?
    and what aprt of tallaght you from?>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 CoolNitro

im in Ballycragh, these are some links and what thay gave me
    http://reviews.cnet.com/7004-7254_7-0.html --1.2mb

http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/ --1.2mb this place gave me the 700k

http://www.toast.net/performance/ --this place here gave me just about 1.5 but this is at 2am.

my problem is that before the 1.5 role out everyones connection was fine even at peek times but now its started to bog down. The free .5 upgrade is great but I would like some stablity to come along with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I think I have a link at home for an NTL speedtest, I'll post it later.

The only way to properly test your speed is to use a speed test from the providers server.

Got the url yet? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement