Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programming of Boards.ie

Options
  • 26-09-2004 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I thought this would be the best place to ask this;
    Is vBulletin programmed in php, or in another language? I'm looking to make a hack for the craic (also, I'm temporally unemployed), and I'd like to know which language its programmed in, so I can look into it.
    Also, does anyone know of a good book/site to learn from.

Thanks,
    the_syco

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

vBulletin is written in php and uses a mysql database.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Afaik, you can get a version of VBulletin, called VBulletin Lite, for free download. You used to be able to anyway.

It's missing many of the extra features, but may give you a good look under the bonnet of VB. Since VB is a licenced product, the admins can't just post up chunks of the code for anyone to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

seamus wrote:
    Afaik, you can get a version of VBulletin, called VBulletin Lite, for free download. You used to be able to anyway.

It's missing many of the extra features, but may give you a good look under the bonnet of VB. Since VB is a licenced product, the admins can't just post up chunks of the code for anyone to look at.
    VBulletin Lite was discontinued, but no worries. I'm a resourceful kind of guy. I'll find something that'll do :cool:

Advertisement