Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimmu Borgir

• 26-09-2004 2:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭

Just wanted to know what your opinion of these guys is. Personally I like them. Alot of BM Elitists do not, for the reason that they moved away from Black Metal. I say big ****, get over yourselves, they write some damn decent music, especially Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia and Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. You might say "So what, they're SOOOO not black metal." But then, they don't pretend to be anymore. They just play their music. And I happen to like it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

They're a great band, if very cheesy.

Gotta love Stormblast tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Cheesy, yes. Good, also yes! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

not hugely mad on them to be honest,

im starting to see a few shirts stocked in asha and kids walking around with them, not saying that kids cant like black metal, but i saw one who liked their makeup or whatever and wished to sport a shirt of theirs

they have a couple of good songs though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

don't like 'em much. my little brother (he'd be one of the hoodie-wearing 16 year olds kids in asha) likes them. i like 2 of the songs on their latest album. the one's with the orchestal stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Alot/Most of their work has orchestral "stuff"... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I like a lot of their stuff, with and without Nick Barker. The likes of 'Glittertind' and 'Angels Decay' are superb songs altogther.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Not my kind of thing that Dimmu...Ildjarn and Immortal all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 atholl45

I don't care too much for them, i did hear them before. (far too loud)
    You guys should get back to your irish roots and start listening to U2, they are by far a cut above the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Stormblast is the last CD I bought. I quite like it. Some nice touches there. I'm growing to like them with each listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

atholl45 wrote:
    I don't care too much for them, i did hear them before. (far too loud)
    You guys should get back to your irish roots and start listening to U2, they are by far a cut above the rest.

Hee hee :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I think they're quite good,hadnt listened to them in ages but after seeing the thread i put some on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is a superb album - top notch. Not a huge fan of the rest of their stuff, there's some good stuff though, such as Burn in Hell and Stormblast. Nothing really tops "In Deaths Embrace" though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i've heard all of for al tid, and i have stormblast. but that's where it stops, they are as bad as cradle of filth, though in their case they actually had pottential, only to become a cof knock off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Whoa.... old.... I think atholl searched for a post of mine to comment on after I said I don't like U2. Heck I don't even listen to this band anymore.

I'm sorry LightofDarkness and everyone else on this thread but I just don't get the metal fans way of thinking, I mean if you listen to the words of most metal songs it's all hate this and hate that, there's no good to come from this and it's only contributing to anti-social behaviour amost their fans.

I'm sorry LightofDarkness and everyone else on this thread but I just don't get the metal fans way of thinking, I mean if you listen to the words of most metal songs it's all hate this and hate that, there's no good to come from this and it's only contributing to anti-social behaviour amost their fans.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....heh...heh

I would be most probably correct in saying there are more anti-social U2 fans than metal fans (at least in this country). I don't know if you have ever even met a metal fan, but we're generally pacifistic and rarely are we the type who stands outside a nightclub or Supermac's looking to brawl. And as for lyrics, that all depends on what bands you listen to. Bands like Death for instance use philosophical lyrics. Most people don't listen to metal for the lyrics or cheesy vocals, they listen to the music. If you judge music by the frontmen and singers than you'll find little to like outside of pop music. Your comment was not only ignorant and closed-minded, it was inflammatory and unnecessary. I could just as easily say most U2 fans aren't real music fans at all, they may listen to music but what they really are drawn to is the scene associated with it, and the fact that they're Irish has more than something to do with it. This is entirely off-topic, I vote topic closed.

LightofDarkness I am truly sorry for my ignorance, I regret my comments and from now on I shant be drawn to such discussions with a Mayo man who thinks lyrics such as "Death to All" and "You will Die" are less anti-social than "With or Without You" or "It's A Beatiful Day".
    How dare you laugh at my expense, you may know more about your silly rock bands and daft clothes but thats about it pal.

pmhate in all fairness thats the most unconstructive post i've heard on this thread and totally uncalled for, go spam someone else's thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

pmhate and atholl45 are probably the same person, please ban the gimps.

edit : pmhate has just deleted all his/her (probably his) posts just now. As you do.

Atholl, you are clearly the most childish, ignorant and downright unintelligent person I've ever seen troll these forums.
    I shant be drawn to such discussions with a Mayo man

Shall we add stereotypical prejudice to the list of things that make you fail at life?
    How dare you laugh at my expense, you may know more about your silly rock bands and daft clothes but thats about it pal.

Delusions of grandeur to boot. I also love it when people make silly assumptions like "you like metal, therefore you dress like marilyn manson and where Nirvana hoodies lol." You have some SERIOUS growing up to do, and I would advise against posting here until you can value other people's opinions and discuss them in a mature manner.

Lyrics don't cause anti-social behaviour, anti-social people do. People like you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Atholl45, have you ever, y'know, actually sat down and read any lyrics from most rock or metal bands? If there's hatred in a song, you'll find it's usually directed towards injustice, or intolerance. I'd love to know how songs off the top of my head like, say, Wicker Man (Iron Maiden) or You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise (Judas Priest), or Paradise City (Guns'n'Roses), or Back In Black (AC/DC) could be considered to spread hate and antisocial behaviour.

Please, prove me wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭slssprite

oh yeah, shagrath in skirt looks so glamourous:)
    personally I don't like them too much but listen to them once in a year...when nostalgia comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

They're pretty good, fun anyway. Just sometimes when I listen to them I think "They'd be better with some of the poncery taken out" and then I realise that that would just be one of many other bands.

You guys are clearly too intelligent for me and have put far too much thought into your posts so i'll leave you be. It was wrong of me to stereotype and assume, I'm sorry for my ignorance. lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well, don't make comments about something you are ignorant about and people won't point out ignorance?

'Metal equals death and hoodies lol'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'd go to see them if Hellhammer or Tony Laureno were on drums. Tony is hilarious is corpsepaint, could barely see him at Enslaved/Zyklon/1349/Insomnium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Atholl45 banned.

Seriously guys, don't even bother responding to such blantant trollery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement