Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGage Arena Setup on the QD?

Options
  • 26-09-2004 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Yea I read the thread above. :)

Ok I am on vodafone ready to go. So far on the QD I've managed to.
    - Set up GPRS WAP
    - Set up GPRS CSD
    - Set up GPRS MMS

That and SMS works fine.

However when I go to run the NGage-Arena it gets as far as checking for updates and fails. Anyone else managed to get this set up?

Here are my settings I am using to connect.
    Data Bearer:       GPRS
    Access point name: live.vodafone.com
    username:          dublin
    password:          dublin (no prompt)
    Authentication:    normal
    homepage:          http://live.vodafone.ie
    Gateway IP:        10.24.59.100
    Connection Sec:    Off
    Session:           Permanent
    [i]Advanced Options[/i]
    Device IP:         Automatic
    Primary DNS:       0.0.0.0
    Secondary DNS:     0.0.0.0
    Proxy Server:      10.24.59.100
    Port:              80

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ok I found this link.. but this isn't working either :(

http://www.n-gage.com/en-R1/support/NGageQD/settings.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the link you give mentions "To access the N-Gage Arena from within a game (or using the N-Gage Arena Application) you need to configure the Internet settings on your game deck." Choosing the Internet Settings link ends up sending the ISP GPRS settings to your handset... so looks like a WAP connection isn't an optoin?

ISP GPRS (Internet) service hasn't been available to ReadyToGo customers, only to contract, at least the last time I checked. So ReadyToGo get WAP and MMS but not ISP... looks like it may be your problem unless you want to check with customer support if isp.vodafone.ie is available to RTG customers yet... fyi O2 and Metor provide ISP GPRS (Internet) services on pre-pay

BrianG

Yes, a friend of mine tried to get his phone set up for the internet APN two weeks ago and they said it was for pay monthy only.

Yet another reason why I dislike vodafone. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Vodafone doesn't, you need to pay monthly and I Can't seem to get it working on O2. Is Meteor working in this? Or am I just wasting money?

O2 and Meteor both support this

you would need to ask to be set up (provisioned) on the pp.internet access point on Speakeasy calling O2

with meteor it would be the isp.mymeteor.ie access point - you may need to call them also

check forum stickys for connection / contact and config info - but the cust care people should be able to talk you through them while you're onto them

costings are outlined on their sites - would really need to calc how many KB you'd be using and if it was of benefit to work out if it was a waste of money for you

BrianG

• Advertisement

works out at 3c per KB on Speakeasy Early/Night tariffs

meteor bills differently currently quoting €2.50 per 1/2 MB

maybe see how it goes checking your GPRS Data Log for a few sessions?

BrianG

Advertisement