Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE KILLERS Live at The Olympia!

Options
  • 26-09-2004 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

“I'm coming out of my cage, And I’ve been doing just fine, Gotta gotta gotta be down, Because I want it all, It started out with a kiss, How did it end up like this, It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss, Now I’m falling asleep, And she’s calling a cab, While he’s having a smoke, And she’s taking a drag, Now they’re going to bed, And my stomach is sick, And it’s all in my head, But she’s touching his—chest, Now, he takes off her dress, Now, let me go … Cause I’m Mr. Brightside…”

Following their stunning headline appearance on the New Band stage at OXEGEN...

THE KILLERS
    Plus Special Guests
    11th November ’04
    Live at The Olympia, Dublin

Tickets just €22.50 (inc booking fee) go on sale this Monday morning September 27th, 9am. Tickets will be on sale from Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide.
    Book online at www.ticketmaster.ie
    For telephone bookings, call the 24 Hour Ticketmaster credit card line on 0818 719 300.

Doors: 7.30pm/Show 8.00pm
    Over 18's. ID Essential

The Killers’ debut album, ‘Hot Fuss’ has just been nominated in the final list of 10 for the Shortlist Prizein the U.S. (the equivalent of the Mercury Music Prize) – the winner to be announced Nov 10th.

‘All These Things I’ve Done’ – the new single and follow-up to ‘Mr. Brightside’ – is out now.

It had to happen eventually. When you survey previous exports from the city of Las Vegas: an assortment of suspect hair metal bands; one-hit wonder Toni Basil; err… Andre Agassi… It was only ever a matter of time that a group would emerge from Sin City to wipe the slate ceremoniously clean, giving the inhabitants of that Nevadan outpost some fresh hope and an escape from their culturally underperforming past.

It’s evolution, see. The unique habitat in which our subjects developed, their native characteristics shaped by external factors (in this case Messrs. Morrissey, Bowie, Ocasek, Gallagher, Presley, Smith, Sumner, Corgan, Cocker, Byrne, Lennon, to name but a few…) would go towards creating a band so clearly the product of their environment and yet so perfectly adapted to becoming a truly dominant species in the world of pop. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you….

The Killers:
    Brandon Flowers – Vocals, Keyboards
    David Keuning – Guitars
    Mark Stoermer – Bass
    Ronnie Vannucci – Drums

www.islandrecords.com/thekillers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What kind of idiot are you?!? Keep it quiet, less people know about it the more chance u can get a ticket!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

I know, flaming heck I just found out now and all the standing tickets are gone, but at least I got a ticket I suppose, woo, I am soo excited, first the Zutons and now the Killers this kicks major ass!

Ah I got a lovely standing ticket, no way I could go and sit down! Just wouldnt be able to do it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Grrr, so envious, good for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Ya bastardo's I tried to get one today but they was all gone!!

I'm the only Killers fan that I know of!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CheersDarlin'

I got 3 standing tickets from Sound Cellar on Nassue Street in town just today, when the ticketmaster had said everything was sold out.

So I'd say give it a go there, but I dont think your able to buy them over the phone. Good Luck! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Got mine! But you could also try Road Records. Themselves and Soundcellar are one of the few shops that get a set number of tickets instead of operating out of the central Ticketmaster system like the rest of the outlets.
    Yeah you have to call in in person, they don't hold tickets over the phone.

Cant wait for this gig now they were class at oxegen cant wait to see them again, think the olympia should suit them perfectly, pitty it only holds what? 2000 odd? cos they could sell a good few more tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

They are playing a second date now on the 10th. The day before the sold out gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CheersDarlin'

verdidnt wrote:
    They are playing a second date now on the 10th. The day before the sold out gig

I saw that on ticketmaster, but that date has gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 pretty please

balls! didnt get a ticket in time, im sucha goon
    ...any truth in this nov 10th rumour? whered ya hear bout it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I left work early to get mine, bought 2 and within 2 minutes of the olympia box office they were stolen on me. Instead of running after the culprit (he was on a moped with his buddie) I ran back to the box office to buy 2 more. I wasn't risking not getting to see them. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Creon

U know of another Killers fan Bungalow Bill, u just don't know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

sprinkles wrote:
    I left work early to get mine, bought 2 and within 2 minutes of the olympia box office they were stolen on me. Instead of running after the culprit (he was on a moped with his buddie) I ran back to the box office to buy 2 more. I wasn't risking not getting to see them. Can't wait!

Aint that just f***in typical?

Got my ticket, really lookin forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

VERY sorry for the major bump of this old thread, but I was looking for the bootleg of this show that I had the other day and its absolutely ruined altogether... Just said I'd check on here to see if there is the slightest chance anyone has the audio of this show?

Thanks (and sorry...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

You mother*****! Nearly soiled myself

Carroller wrote: »
    You mother*****! Nearly soiled myself

It wasnt until I went back to the main Gigs page that I realised how this may look on the outside....

Sh@g..... Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Well that had me very excited there!

Seen there glastonbury gig on BBC and there as good as ever...Seen them the last time i think in Phoenix park and there where class. Was even debating going to see them in hyde park in London but its sold out.

Hopefully they come back here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'm sure a lot of touts got an instant hard on when they saw the title. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

VERY sorry for the major bump of this old thread, but I was looking for the bootleg of this show that I had the other day and its absolutely ruined altogether... Just said I'd check on here to see if there is the slightest chance anyone has the audio of this show?

Thanks (and sorry...)

Why in god's name would you reopen a thread from 2004. FFS.

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Why in god's name would you reopen a thread from 2004. FFS.

I regretted it immediately and want this thread to go away now. Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement