Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NWA Ireland... tonight

• 26-09-2004 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Im looking forward to the NWA show later today. I know how excited you get before a show, and I wish all involved the best of luck.

IWW will be there showing our support for Irish wrestling. All the best to NWA

How else will be there tonight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭X-Dawg

smiaras wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    Good show. Pity about the d*ckhead ring announcer that spoilt the ending of the main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

so he pulled a Michael Cole, tbh it didnt detract one bit from the overall card, especially when Abz belted the announcer across the face - such impromptu hilarity

Apart from what I saw as a few blown spots, overall thought it was a great card, great value for money and some very entertaining matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

Ring Anouncer For The Championship Night: To all those including IWW who went to the show I hope yous all enjoyed the night. Ok lets get a few things straight. When I get a card for the night handed to me it has no spoilers on it. Last night was just me being half asleep due to a mixture of the heat and what I was wearing had me baked. What happened was a bit of a blur but I saw Jhonny C running towards me pointing for me to ring the bell. So not thinking I rang the bell and thought Adam Abz was put over and had won the match so I called it. Unfortunatly when I saw and heard Adam I knew I made a baggs of it. Something I had waitted for for so long had gone up in smoke in a matter of a few seconds. A few trainees startted shoutting "You fu**ed it up we know who wins" Then next thing I felt was a blow to the head. I was going to get up and punch him back but I had messed things up enough as it was. This misstake unfortunatly is something that I will have to live with and cringe at for the rest of my life.

So now that its the day after I have decided to never lift the mic again and that I can swear on my life. I will take some time off don't know if it will be days, months, or years to be honest I might not even return to NWA Ireland but besides what happened on Sunday night I do hope I didn't ruin everyones night. Keep Supporting Irish Wrestling

Colm N

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lolek

pic.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭X-Dawg

Ring Anouncer For The Championship Night: To all those including IWW who went to the show I hope yous all enjoyed the night. Ok lets get a few things straight. When I get a card for the night handed to me it has no spoilers on it. Last night was just me being half asleep due to a mixture of the heat and what I was wearing had me baked. What happened was a bit of a blur but I saw Jhonny C running towards me pointing for me to ring the bell. So not thinking I rang the bell and thought Adam Abz was put over and had won the match so I called it. Unfortunatly when I saw and heard Adam I knew I made a baggs of it. Something I had waitted for for so long had gone up in smoke in a matter of a few seconds. A few trainees startted shoutting "You fu**ed it up we know who wins" Then next thing I felt was a blow to the head. I was going to get up and punch him back but I had messed things up enough as it was. This misstake unfortunatly is something that I will have to live with and cringe at for the rest of my life.

So now that its the day after I have decided to never lift the mic again and that I can swear on my life. I will take some time off don't know if it will be days, months, or years to be honest I might not even return to NWA Ireland but besides what happened on Sunday night I do hope I didn't ruin everyones night. Keep Supporting Irish Wrestling

Colm N
    You sounded like the nerdy spotty kid from The Simpsons on the mic anyway. Is your voice only starting to break?
    I thought Paddy was going to win, but you ruined any potential surprise and the remainder of the match for me. Your match card might not have spoilers written on it, but you knew who was going to win. You should take a bit of pride in your work and if you're going to bother doing something, do it right!
    You were half asleep? Well, it's a pity that wrestling bores you so much - do NWA Ireland know that you found their most high profile match EVER so boring that you couldn't even stay awake? What a pathetic excuse.

pic.jpg

What the f*ck has that got to do with anything? Gobsh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Are you seriously telling us your match sheet doesnt have the winners? what the hell is that? no wonder you ****ed up, not your fault

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

poor little crying Xdawg your night was ruinned what a sad b**tard you must be if that ruinned your whole night. If you bothered to read the post you would have seen he said it was from the heat not from the matches. And from what i seen from that night most of the kids didnt notice to much and where still jumping up everytime either wrestler got a pin attemp so it didnt ruin it for them which in my opinion is the most important thing.

now im sure you never mess up because your so perfect but hey we cant all be like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The guy messed up and he's sorry about it, I wouldn't worry too much about it. He said he has to live with it for the rest of his life, no way dude, you won't even remember in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Christ almighty, one mistake and the guy gets crucified - just goes to show you, you cant please all the people all the time and when you try to and screw up, they arent as forgiving.

Donkey2002, this is Peter here, and I have to say, I was there on Wednesday, and apart from that one (and to me insignificant mistake), you did a fine job. So you made a mistake, big deal, everyone else makes mistakes every day, its not the end of the world.

Ok fine, you want to take some time away from it all, but to say you will never pick up the mike again, well I think thats a little premature. The whole idea of making a mistake, is to learn from them.

To the majoirty of people there, they didnt care that you made a mistake, they were enjoying the show, and in the faces of the younger fans at ringside, they didnt seem to care - they enjoyed what NWA was doing for them - and hell even when the match was truely over - the crowd pop was still fantastic - so one mistake never really detracted from the overall enjoyment of the show.

Yes you will have people that will blast you over it, but thats part and parcel of what happens in this business - but christ dont take it to heart - you are, after all, only human.

I think its a very sad day that someone would let an incident like this ruin their love for the business, so I would appeal that you reflect on what happened, reflect on what happened overall at the show and realise that one man does not a show make - there is, after all no "I" in team and that is what NWA is - a team, a family, an organisation dedicated to giving the public what they want. And so its not a polished saphire at the moment, but it is a diamond in the rough, and always, with some work and continuous dedication, its can and will shine constantly.

WWE/WCW, after all, wasnt a success from day one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 simon ritchie

wats the crack everyone??

i was at the show sitting near keego and gonzo beside the ramp. giving it sox they were.

as far as the ring announcer. to be honest i didnt notice. abz went over and decked him. i thought it was set up to show abz as the heel cause it was just back and forth without too much heelin from either abz or paddy.

dont worry bout it. a big F**K You goes out to anyone who thought it ruined the greatest match in the last year (including roh,tna,czw,wwe). they both went out there and torched the house down!!

well done to all involved and hard luck to the injured twosome!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

x-dawg...

Please show a little consideration. You should try standing in a wrestling ring in front of 200+ people and trying to preform,weither it be reffing or on a mic or wrestling, its harder then u can imagine. Even the ring announcers spend a sleepless night before a big show, its nerve wracking.

Deciency and ettiquete are things that wrestling fans lack dramatically. As someone I look up to once said: "Wrestling is a gentle-mans sport, played by real men", I think wrestling fans should follow the lead of the preformers.

Wrestling is hard. Its so tough. And the scariest thing about it is the fans. People that love wrestling will appreciate the art form it is. People that lack morals will shout you F'd up and all this pointless BS to make the preformers feel bad. What is the point?

Please, there are people that post here that love wrestling, and appreciate how much work goes into it. Why act like an immature child...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

Thanks to everyone for the support but I have decided not to return to NWA Ireland again. It was a blast to work with a great family of guys they really make you feel at home. Over the past 15 months I was proud to see Irish wrestling start moving in motion with NWA and IWW likewise. I also had the pleasure of travelling all over Ireland and seeing it's beauty which I never noticed before. Seeing fans eyes light up when they got an autograph makes the sleepless nights before a show worth it.
    I also built a hatred of people who only liked WWE and wouldn't look else where because there is some real tallent out there.
    So go and see NWA and IWW any chance you get I truely believe that things are changing in this country no more do wrestling companys have to hope that WWE pull in good ratings for them to have a good gate / crowd. Everyone seems to be taking off and peoples heads are turning towards Irish wrestling.

To all in NWA and IWW and everyone that I had the pleasure to meet and talk too THANK YOU!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Thats souly your decission, and I respect that... No one here needs question you any further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement