Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Universal Multi LNB bracket

• 26-09-2004 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

Where can I get the bracket ( jpeg ) for multi LNBs. Am making one up with bits and pieces eg "mupro" plumbing clamps for holders...but it aint pretty.
    Tnx in advance for any sugestions.....polite ones now guys
    tapest

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

tapest wrote:
    Where can I get the bracket ( jpeg ) for multi LNBs. Am making one up with bits and pieces eg "mupro" plumbing clamps for holders...but it aint pretty.
    Tnx in advance for any sugestions.....polite ones now guys
    tapest

Image looks like the old triax bracket, is this the one you want?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Hi Tony

The Dish is (I believe) a comag 80 cm ..a Lidl special with a round boom.
    I have started making one up, difficulty is trying to keep weight down.
    I have just sent you a email re parts

Regards
    t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Universal-multihalter

Its says its universal...so it should work with the lidl dish - but best to confirm this with them before ordering. If ordering, please be aware of delivery charges - if you have other sat related stuff to order, then try getting it all together to make it worth your while - and dont go for COD as it costs extra.
    Delivery time is approx. one week.

hth.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm not a big fan of those Lidl 80cm dishes. They're very weak, with the plastic at the back holding the reflector. Dunno how it would cope trying to hold extra LNB's and bracketry. I would recommend that the dish is in a sheltered area if not already sheltered.

Tnx Eurorunner...interesting site
    t

• Advertisement

tapest wrote:
    Hi Tony

The Dish is (I believe) a comag 80 cm ..a Lidl special with a round boom.
    I have started making one up, difficulty is trying to keep weight down.
    I have just sent you a email re parts

Regards
    t

You have not answered my question, the bracket in the image you sent is an old triax bracket (triax is a dish manufactiurer) if this is what you want then I can try to obtain one for you, the triax was a rectangular boom however so I really dont think this is suitable for a round boom. The channel master bracket was made for a round boom but alas these are no longer available.

Sorry Tony if I was a bit vague. I'll take your lead on this as your the expert. I'll stick with the home made version for now and see how it turns out. If its stable enough without being heavy , then I'll get the necessary bits, etc. I've calculated I need an 8 " spread between astra2 and hotbird lnb centres. Still working on "leanback" but I'm getting there.
    t

tapest wrote:
    Sorry Tony if I was a bit vague. I'll take your lead on this as your the expert. I'll stick with the home made version for now and see how it turns out. If its stable enough without being heavy , then I'll get the necessary bits, etc. I've calculated I need an 8 " spread between astra2 and hotbird lnb centres. Still working on "leanback" but I'm getting there.
    t

No problem, if the extra bracket is lowering the arm then you may be able to compensate by alterating the dish elevation but the dish will not work as efficiently as the lnb will no longer be at the focal point of the dish.

Response to Tony

Thanks again for your imput..I had thought of the boom being pulled down, but couldn't allow for this yet. As regards reduction in signal (focal point etc) , I actually went to the trouble of testing this (as far as i could) after hearing the Comag dish was not that good. I re-alighned the dish on Astra 1 then with LNB in hand tried for the other two. Bits of aluminium struts, elastic bands, and other much valued scientific equipment used. Readings taken of parallel distance between non-existant booms, height difference between LNB centres, the amount of LNB further projection on the main axis. etc. And I actually got all 3 sats wiith very good to great reception.
    I'm just about ready to go up and mount / test my handy work.
    Plan A failed far too heavy and could not adjust "lean- back" ok LNB, but I'm off to test prototypes B and C.
    And if they fail, I have another idea forming.
    All the above is just in case anybody out there has any interest in this whatsoever. I've just re-read this post and thought "how sad is that....I'm gonna have to get myself a life"

t

It Works... very easy to set up ....about 1/2 hr ...Astra 1 & 2 Very strong..hotbird a bit weaker with quality reading high 60s and 70s.
    t

• Advertisement

tapest wrote:
    It Works... very easy to set up ....about 1/2 hr ...Astra 1 & 2 Very strong..hotbird a bit weaker with quality reading high 60s and 70s.
    t

well done Sir

Ta Tony
    Could not been done without help, yourself included.
    Now I'm shopping for my bits and bobs. Now after all that comparing prices on motorised system against buying extra LNBs switch etc...Not that much difference really and more stations one can't understand. How much more difficult is it to set up motorised system? NO NO NO Don't answer that.
    One of the links on sticky, german site i think, offering LNB and the D switch at very very low prices, But I think I'll try and support the home industry.

t

tapest wrote:
    Ta Tony
    Could not been done without help, yourself included.
    Now I'm shopping for my bits and bobs. Now after all that comparing prices on motorised system against buying extra LNBs switch etc...Not that much difference really and more stations one can't understand. How much more difficult is it to set up motorised system? NO NO NO Don't answer that.
    One of the links on sticky, german site i think, offering LNB and the D switch at very very low prices, But I think I'll try and support the home industry.

t

Thanks, must take a look at that german site to see what they are offering. On the motorised thing if you have patience its not that much more difficult than setting up multi lnbs. Hardest part for the DIY'er is actually identifying individual satellites which is hard to do with a basic sat finder.

Grrrrrr. Nobody told me you have to tell the Disq switch to pick the LNB. Figured it out in the end. Now what I don't understand is the following:
    3 LNBs set up on 13. 19.2 & 28.2 E ..Great to very good signal.
    I'm getting half the 40 available stns available (on existing database) on Amos 1 sat 4.0 W. Most of Eurobird 28.5 E and loads on "C asiasat 2 & 3 located at 100.5 E (all 14 stns in database).
    Is this some type of echo or am I just brilliant ?
    I. will be back again later (you have been warned) re updating by sat, tp search and entering stn data manually.....I hape you guys are still speaking to me then.
    regards
    t
    Ps that link to you tony via pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

tapest wrote:
    and loads on "C asiasat 2 & 3 located at 100.5 E (all 14 stns in database).
    Is this some type of echo or am I just brilliant ?

So what channels can you see?? List them if you would!!!
    If its true!!! Explain that Tony!!! :confused::confused::confused:

greenman wrote:
    So what channels can you see?? List them if you would!!!
    If its true!!! Explain that Tony!!! :confused::confused::confused:

got me
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

It's even more amazing when you consider that you have to tunnel through the Earth's crust to get a line-of-sight to 110.5E ;)

Guys
    I'm off to work now, but if I get a chancr this evening I'll compile a list of some sort. Naming all is a bit impracticle. That' what "info" button says on receiver. I fully realise that my 1/2 inch drill would have some difficulty drilling through Earth's core. I thought you experts would immediately know what was going on....reflected signal of some sort..Rut be advised I'm far too old to be a spoofer..so there must be a logical expllanation.
    later guys ..and you can unravel the mystery/
    regards
    t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

are you sure you are getting the corrct channels for the satellite you think that you are on.

A common mistake is that you have for example your receiver menu set for hotbird and you are pointing at astra .You will get some channels in because of the NIT search.(with one reference freq. you get all the channels in the network)

eg. With Amos --it is impossible that you have it .Take a look at the chart and you will see that even here in The Netherlands we need a 120 cm dish.
    As for Ireland you would need a dish as wide as a lake.

AMO001EU.jpg

cross reference your channels for Amos and I am sure you have Thor sat.

THO002KU.jpg

If I am wrong you are fooking good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check your channels here http://www.satcodx.com/uke/#SatcoDX9

seano wrote:
    are you sure you are getting the corrct channels for the satellite you think that you are on.

A common mistake is that you have for example your receiver menu set for hotbird and you are pointing at astra .You will get some channels in because of the NIT search.(with one reference freq. you get all the channels in the network)

He He He Missed me by a mile....That was way over my head...about 6 feet over. Absolutely no idea . I'm nearly bald so I don't have NITs

Seriously I'm typing in word .I'll post part list later....But guys go easy on my head...I feel another headache coming on.
    later lads
    t

• Advertisement

Network Identifing Transponder

A default transponder that is used on the Direct to home satellites as Astra 1-2 hotbird sirius etc. that picks up all the channels that are linked to this freq.

BTW ..It does not matter what channels you get or what signal you have as long as you are out there enjoying the feeling you get when you find a new satellite.

As long as you know where to point your dish to get your main channels when the wife is calling you for your dinner nothing is going over your head.!!

Well you asked for it. I attach the abbidged version. Now experts its up to ye.
    Don't forget I'm not just a newbie ..I'm an old newbie ....so easy does it now lads...Don't be gettin' carried away now...No chompin' on the bit

regards
    t

C_ Asiasat 3

Conto tv
    Elite shopping
    Mti
    Noello gold
    Noello sat
    Noello silver
    Odeon sat
    People tv-rete 7
    Play tv Italia
    Roma sat
    Sailing channel
    Starsat
    Taxi channel
    Tlc sat

All of the above are on Hotbird 6 @ 11200 V 27500
    (in other words the channels you have in your receiver for Amos are from Hotbird)\

Eurobird seems OK !!!!

Amos 1 is more then likely astra 1.

A good idea is the following,

make a note which lnbs are feeding which sat now,

Do a reset.

Give Asiasat switch -lnb to Hotbird

Eurobird to Astra 2

Amos 1 to astra

and scan

Success !!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Your Amos 1 channels are from Eurobird 28E. Your Asiasat 2 channels are from Hotbird 13E. Your Asiasat 3 channels are from Hotbird 13E. Your Eurobird channels are indeed from Eurobird 28E.

Either your switch ain't switching correctly or your Diseqc settings are wrong.

Seano , Zaphod
    Thanks lads. You should note that those channels were in the database and assigned to those sats. I did not yet try to update, find sats, tp search except on a "New" Sat I made to minic one of the original big 3 ( to safely play with)....Not till i understand the basics. Afraid I'll wipe database.
    But If I get you right I'm getting 4 Sats.
    As regards the D switch, I simply changed the LNB setting till I heard a Beep Beep and got a Quality reading. Thats about as far as i am so far. The info supplied with receiver stated that if set to factory default database will be lost. When I tried to update and tp search on MY fake sat, I only got a small percentage of channels that came on original
    where's the asprin?
    t
    One more thing guys I got a second dish....All i need is another LNB. there's a spare imput on d switch Is there anything inieresting oot there east ot astra 2
    t

Advertisement