Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reid Inspires Emotional Forest Comeback

• 26-09-2004 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

What a way to end a game.

1 nil down with 10 minutes to go on probably the most emotional day the City ground has seen since Forest won the European Cup (albeit for very different reasons) and Forest score 2 to win the game for their first win of the season.

First Eugene Bopp's lay off for a 25 yard Evans drive and then Andy Reid's immaculate pass sets Marlon King (Both players had been banished to the reserves by Kinnear for alleged lack of commitment, personally I think it was a diversionary tactic to take focus off his poor start) who curls the most amazing goal to win with virtually teh last kick of the game.

Not committed my ass.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I just caught the end of the game. Two good goals for forest, Kings in particular was an exceptional finish. His celebration for such a good finish was very low key probably because the crowd were on his back from when he came on. Up to the goal he was pretty poor TBH . Nice to see Kinnear seeing sense and playing Reid, I didn,t see enough of the game to comment on his performance .

Forests first league win of the season I wonder was there some divine Intervention ? It was a fitting tribute to Ol' Big Ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Poor game to be honest, good result for forest though. Wonder will Reid be gone come january ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Im very glad to hear this , hopefully he can stay a regular in the side till january .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Wonder will Reid be gone come january ?
    The commentator seemed pretty certain that he'd be off to Spurs in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Such an emotional day at the City Ground today - Bye Bye Clough, BE Good! :'(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Spurs need someone with Reids ability on the wings. It would be a decent enough move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

good result, bad luck for West Ham though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

Yeah good tribute to Clough and all that but I was absolutely shocked at the way West Ham threw the game away!

With West Ham 1-0 up and in control for most of the game, Forest looked hopeless. Cue Pardew's negative tactical switches and inept substitution strategy.

Two ex Forest strikers up front for us, I think the game was more about paying homage to Clough than 3 points for West Ham. Harewood looked genuinely shocked whenever he got the ball and made his way out to the wing to keep out of the way, Teddy just passed to Forest players all afternoon. With Zamora and Rebrov on the bench - inexcusable!

I think West Ham must have felt some kind of sympathy for Forest or something because the way they played in the last 10 minutes they might just have well kicked the ball in their own net!

Ok the winner was a good finish but the defending was woeful, almost slow motion! The equaliser was a bit lucky to have squeezed past Lomas and Davenport and Bywater should have got closer to it.

Etherington, Reo-Coker and Davenport were the only West Ham players actually trying to win the game yesterday, the rest just seemed to be out for a stroll in the park.

Certainly not a very professional performance from promotion hopefuls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Wonder will Reid be gone come january ?

for some reason i read this as "wonder reid".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

I thought Reid looked dangerous (and fat) when he got on the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Yeah Reid's not exactly the most athletic looking of fellas, but then again neither is Duff. Great finish to the game.

Advertisement