Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there christmas examinations

• 26-09-2004 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

i read that we getting our end of term christmas holidays at the 10th of Dcember,but are there emas exams after this ?
    or are the christmas exams before the end of term,ie b4 the 10th
    ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Depends what course you're in, I've never had christmas exams so I couldn't tell you.

Some courses have end of year exams in some subjects at christmas and march. Other courses have exams worth ~10% at christmas, and march. Some courses are split up between january and may, some have essays which contribute towards it, some have reports, labs, projects etc. that contribute towards the end of year mark...it really depends on what course you do and what year you're in!

If you're really fretting about whether or not you have exams at a certain time, have a look at the exam papers online here. Go through each subject you do and have a look at the date on the papers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Second and third year engineers have exams in January. After the Christmas break they have two weeks of lectures then a fortnight of exams and back into lectures again.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

uary, i noticed on whos who that youre doing science, so i really dont think youll be doing exams at christmas- i didnt in 1st yr anyway. i did phy/chem/maths but im not aware of anyone who did biology/geog that had exams either so youre probably safe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

If ur doin chem in 1st yr you'll be doin mid year MCQ (multiple choice) exams. But as far as I remember twont be til after christmas

• Advertisement

The first one of those MCQ's came as a surprise to me and I ended up failing it. The bugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Yeah that happened to a friend of mine. She's one of "those" people tho and as such got 100% in the next one..

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

i could stand corrected but as far as i can remember i think the first one is a week or two after xmas hols (on lectures in michaelmas term), and then the 2nd one a couple of weeks into trinity term (on coursework in hilary term)........yeah i was very surprised by the first one too, only heard bout it the weekend before and it really wasnt possible to study a whole term of stuff in one day so, well i didnt bother! managed to pass though...was quite proud of myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ye could always just ask yer lectuers at the start of term? ... it says when all examinations are and what the story is with class work in our course descriptions...

but that's thinking ahead, no one likes that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i prefer to call it covering ones own ass so ye don't have to goto any lectures between then n the exam..

Advertisement