Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband when is it coming to my area

• 26-09-2004 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,571 ✭✭✭✭

im just wondering when will broadband be in my area

i live in golden co.tipperary

i know tipperary town has broadband and i think cashel have it now to

golden where i live is right in the between cashel and tipp so does any one know when its coming to my area

and if aint coming to my area, is there anything else out there instead [i want bb for gaming]

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Golden is a tiny village with only a few hundred people in it so I think the chances of it getting dsl are unfortunately extremely slim for the time being, eircom are rolling out dsl to towns of 1500+ population and they are still nowhere nearly half of these towns finished yet. Once all the towns are completed by mid 2005 if were lucky then eircom may eventually tackle the small villages and rural townlands. Between now and then I think your only chance of decent broadband is to wait and see if Wireless broadband starts in your area in the coming months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

snoopdog wrote:
    im just wondering when will broadband be in my area

i live in golden co.tipperary

Look out for the flock of pigs hanging about on the overhead wires...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,571 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

:D:D:D

can any one explain wireless broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

snoopdogg,

My folks live down the road from ya between Golden and New Inn about 3 miles from Cashel and have an 062 telephone No. but even though Cashel has BB we cannot get it as there are 4 houses sharing the line and there is nothing that eircom can/will do about it. Re wireless look up www.irishwan.org forums pages and try and find out if anyone has a wifi network with BB access set up within a few miles of your area. Do a search for "Tipperary" and it will respond with all the results. I know that there is a Tipp institute wireless network that is large which maybe you coukld connect into. The forums will give ya loads of contacts and the irishwan guys are always helpful and positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,571 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thanks mrblack

sound

• Advertisement
Advertisement