Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some new Unreal 3 screens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The black dude looks almost life like your going to need a uber pc to run a game with that engine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

bizmark wrote:
    The black dude looks almost life like your going to need a uber pc to run a game with that engine

That sure is purty.

/me pats uber pc. Soon my precious, soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Unreal ENGINE 3, not Unreal 3 :>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

My mate got a video of the engine in action and the lighting and detail was too good. it was scary how good it looked. there was a floating camera going through these dimply lit dungeons and the lighting and shadows were perfect. then it zoomed in on a wall and went to a side view and :eek: each brick stands out and has its own detail and the insane thing is they went to the polygon view of the wall and there was nothing there. NOTHING!! about two or three lines on a wall. it was amazing!! best graphics i have ever seen.

EDIT: get it here http://games.softpedia.com/progDownload/Unreal__Engine_E_Trailer-Download-2908.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

That picture of Malcom is insane, the polycount must be in 6 digits :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

And its mostly CPU related graphics, an interview on Eurogamer a while back the devs were talking about how it ran. And its same as Ut 2 engine better the cpu the better the visuals.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hmmm, suppose I'd better wait until 2010 when the hardware required to give a smooth framerate is cheap enough for normal people... nice that they're working on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I downloaded the E3 video a while ago and was totaly blown away. Then a few weeks back some of my mates got broadband in their flat and I got it for them. We were all talking about it when I realised that this has always been the way. Its nearly like the anticipation is better than the real thing. What about the run up to Unreal 2003/04. Then these came out and we are all talking about Doom III and Half-Life 2. Now that these are out or hopefully nearly out we are all starting to talk about the Unreal 3 engine. Wait till you see once this comes out we will all be talking about the graphics in Half-Life 3 or Doom 4. Not that Im complaining I love anticipation myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Bleh, I know what visual quality vs frame-rate my system is capable of.
    The only time I get excited by how funky the graphics in games look is when I get a new 3D card or CPU and want to run something to "wow" at.
    I like to stay mid-range in terms of hardware upgrades, since I think it's just daft paying €600 for a gfx card. :confused:

Can't say I was drooling over HL2's graphics... it's more the cool stuff the engine can do that I'm excited about :)
    I think Valve have taken the all-time award for anticipation... but at this stage it's taking the píss. :(

Advertisement