Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunting Season.

Options
  • 26-09-2004 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

How are the hunters among us doing so far this season (snipe/duck/deer etc are in season since September 1st).

I haven't gone out yet myself, usually wait till November.

How are stocks this year? In particular, how are the pheasant numbers looking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

No duck yet....Usually only gets going for me around November on. The fields(Marshes) are still very dry. November on is also better for the likes of Teal & Widgeon & Snipe once the marshes start to flood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

pretty quiet down here in clare as well.need a good winter storm to get them moving inland

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭allnight_2002

It is quite here in cork as well. I normally do not start to shoot until the start of the pheasant season. From what I have heard from other members of my local club. The pheasant stocks are looking good. But we are to far inland to a lot of duck until the winter weather comes.

Advertisement