Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to see the Zutons?What ye think of the TBMC?

Options
  • 26-09-2004 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Right i kno its in the TBMC which isnt the best venue in the world, actually its sh*te but still..Anyway, i haven't been this excited since i was going to see the Kings of Leon, if anyone else is exicted as me and are planing on going to the gig let me know, might do some crazy dancing with ya ther :D Why are good bands these days playing in sh*te venues? And why are there only so few venues...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

There's more venues now than ever. Back when I was a younger man, all we had was the SFX and the Rock Garden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

I guess us kids just don't appreciate what we have then... ;) but I mean in comparison to say somewhere like manchester-yes I know its a bigger city, we dont really have anywhere with a wow factor..well the olympia is pretty f**king cool I suppose..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Good bands do play good venues the zutons dont fit my good band category!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

actually i kinda like TBMC. the security have been cool almost every time i've been there and some great bands have played there in the last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm not a fan of the TBMC but it has a good sound most of the time (unlike the ambassador, where sound goes to die). Vicar St all the way.

And the Zutons sucked at Oxegen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

What?!? the TBMC is the best venue in Dublin!! better sound than The Village, Whelans is a joke, the Ambassador is only good if your right up the front or seated, the point is ****in massive, has **** acoustics and is miles from the centre of Dublin, same goes for RDS (indoor), SFX is gone, The Hub is tiny, Eamonn Dorans and Voodoo ditto. cant think of any others

The only venue that comes close is the Olympia. The music centre is de best, centre of Dublin, large but not massive, decent size stage, the sound can be crappy sometimes, but the house engineers there are real good, same for the lighting rig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Whelans is great, nesthead!

But damned, anyone else miss The Shelter? That place was excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

While Vicar Street is by far the nicest Dublin venue, I have nothing really against The Point, Ambassador, Olympia Theatre or TBMC. I hate The Village and Whelans; they've been such a bitch every time I've been there.

As for The Zutons, well, I haven't really heard of them. I was going to check them out at Oxegen but missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Whelans is great, nesthead!

But damned, anyone else miss The Shelter? That place was excellent!

I was only ever at one gig in the Shelter but it was some gig. I'd pick Vicar St over all the other venues because:

1) Never been to a gig with poor sound there
    2) No matter where you are in the venue you've a great view
    3) The bars are clean
    4) It rarely smells

The TBMC has got no.2 from above but I've been to a couple of gigs where the sound has been a touch off. But then again I've been to some great gigs there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I'm going to throw Crawdaddy into the ring too, and not just cos we're playing there this Thursday... [/plug]

Crawdaddy, for those who don't know, is where the Chocolate Bar used to be at the POD nightclub. It's now in my opinion the best venue in Dublin. It's small, only holds 330 people, but it's fantastically inimate and the sound there is always superb. The in-house rig is top class, no expense spared, and the stage is comfortable. Nice green room too, friendly staff and a superb in-house engineer. It's gonna be the next Whelans.

TBMC is superb, sound is great is Dave Best is your engineer, I actually can't comment on anyone else, he always does our sound. I love the TBMC with the tiered seating rolled out, but your rarely see that anymore these days. Seated, theatre style, it's up there with the Olympia.

Robbie

• Advertisement
Advertisement