Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car TFT's

Options
  • 26-09-2004 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

hi ,
    anyone installed a screen in their car with DVD?
    have an audi a4 with a sunroof and was thinking of it ,

was thiking of a sun visor tft for passenger ,

anyhow just an idea, any experiences, prices pics ect appreciated

cheers
    d

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

well i was at the motorshow last week and was told 450yoyos for a 3.2in sunvisor tft, what most people seem to be doing is buying a colour lcd and controller card off www.eio.com and connceting it to a dvd player the screens there are far cheaper like u could get a 10.4in anc controller for $120 ish

also look at www.mp3car.com for some other ideas

lets know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Jus a taut but a TFT in the sunvisor...kool n all as it will look will be a bit of a pain in the neck to look at for any length of time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I've used dozens of Veba monitors and find them great value and very reliable. http://www.veba.uk.com/products1.html I also recommend just fitting a 12v converted Playstation 2 which will play DVDs and you can get them very cheap second hand.

BTW in the UK its 6 points instantly for having a screen powered in your car if the driver can see it (except SatNav) - I'm sure the rozzers here will follow eventually.

'ceptr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

its where to put the screen thats bugging me, been talking to the guy i bought the car off and he informs me today that theres a diversity tv tuner allready in the car and set up , all i need is a screen, he gave me the remote for it and the manual, its just where to fit the screen is the thing...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Glovebox? Gooseneck? Parcel shelf? (handy for watching prno in the back with someone)

Do you REALLY want a telly in your car? The two don't really go together....

'c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

heres a pic of the exact tv tuner built in

AVTVT.jpg

i know a tv aint everyones cup of TV, its just seomthing thats been interesing me

Advertisement