Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cows Shag Better In The Open Air

• 26-09-2004 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Latest news on Cows is :
    Trials have shown a dramatic difference in bulling activity between the autumn calving cow on an outdoor pad compared to her counterpart on slats.
    But if you must use Slats
    Putting in a bull, even a vasectomised one, on the slats with the cows, gave a huge improvement to heat detection.
    Excellent stuff. But HARK! anothe problem with Cows, particularly the Autumn Calving Cow.
    Grass is too good, cows are too fat.
    But I like fat cows !
    Even on bare pastures cows are too strong observed Laois farmer Robin Talbot who had no caesarean section in 140 spring calvers but has had three in 70 autumn calvers.
    I see, what did he do then ?
    He now houses cows two weeks pre calving and puts cows on middling hay. They stay on hay for a week post calving as well.

The original stories and more Cow stuff are in the Farmers Journal This Week

M

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

amazing stuff, looks like I lost that bet with my mate, I figured having them indoors with some soothing music would be better.

damn.

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Bulling is very noisy, the old way was to let the bull into the slatted shed and firmly close the door :( Now the bleedin neighbours will call in the ISPCA when the Cows are just having fun .

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Sounds a bit risky, they might set the shed on fire when they're having a smoke afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

One such is to buy some long sleeved gloves and a book on Artificial Insemination . Then go here to the Highland Semen site and order some top quality genetic material from this lad below, one Lord Rannoch . Yer man beside him is not too worried about the Roses is he ?

rannoch1.jpg

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

You just know he's gonna be a big 'un when he's called The Colonel

Another pic here

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I can't believe they castrated him.
    Trials have shown a dramatic difference in bulling activity between the autumn calving cow on an outdoor pad compared to her counterpart on slats.
    But can you imagine a half / one tonne bull trying to balance on slats on two legs? :eek:
    Another pic here

Second page (change url by changing **** tot he f word) http://www.****allyall.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album24&id=hugecow_chart&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Bull Joke

A young bull and an old bull occupy the upper field. The cows occupy the lower field. The young bull notices that the farmer hasn't locked the gate. The young bull says to the old bull "Lets run down and get some cows". The old bull replies "Lets walk down and get all the cows".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Did ya ever see the dildo's they use on bull's...

If so where can i get one? O_ó

Advertisement