Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Broadband keeps disconnecting!

• 27-09-2004 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I am with eircom net and live in Navan, county Meath. Every so often, the broadband connection seems to disconnect itself and stay off for an hour or so at a time.

I have of course phoned tech support but they just tell me that there are some problems in the 046 area in general and that they are working on it. But anyone I have asked tell me that their's is working fine. Is there anyone else out there having the same prob????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 esbayer

Hi, I have been fighting the same problem a while ;)
    Thech support were confident it is phone line. Turned out to be win2k. I run the thing under linux now - rock solid connection ;))) You try it, you'll love it ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

yeah there was a eircom fiber break in the 045 046 areas over the last two weeks, some ppl are still been afected. it knocked off utv, iol and eircom customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Im getting the same problem, i just reset the modem a few times well untill it starts working again had about 15mins of downtime the last time it cut out, seems to be getting worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭ShadowFax

That's what happens when you go with eircom.

Second class ISP = Second class service

You'll eventually get sense???

Advertisement