Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miracles

• 27-09-2004 6:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

if you want to advertise, do it through the proper channels

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

All this for only €19.99?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

oh piss off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

All this for only €19.99?
    AND you get a free car air freshener.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

AND you get a free car air freshener.
    But that's not all. Join now and you will receive:

* a full 64-page color guide on how to repeatedly spam web message boards
    * a special ring binder which, week by week, builds up a portfolio of all the spamming messages you've sent
    * An "I Love Islam" badge
    * a vegetable peeler

Join now! Our operators are standing by to take your calls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

BUT WAIT! theres *still* more!!

when you order by credit card, you'll recieve an extra free dvd - "Lets Change Peoples Beliefs Over The Internet, The Complete How To..." starring Chuck Norris, which normally retails at €12.99, free to you with this very special offer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Everything you see here today can be convieniently stored underneath your bed, by a a simple flick of the wrist.

CALL NOW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

QVC got nuthin on this deal..where do we sign up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

"Have you ever seen an onion cut as finely as that? Have you ever seen an onion cut as perfectly as that?"
    "a hamburger, a beefburger, a chile con carne, a biriyani..."

I really want that spiral cutter thingy so I can make stretchy cucumber coils...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

No god sellers please.

"Don't try to sell us crazy, we're all stocked up here" Jack Nicholson - "As good as it gets"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

lol @ hagar's sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Not to mention this all comes with a 28 day no quibble money back guarantee*

*allow 27 and a half days for delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

ixoy wrote:
    But that's not all. Join now and you will receive:

* a vegetable peeler

Join now! Our operators are standing by to take your calls!

Me wants the vegetable peeler!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 salem14

Maybe because of these scientific miracles Islam becomes the fastest-growing religion in America and in the world? Although religion is no longer dominates everyday life in Western society.

A NATION CHALLENGED: AMERICAN MUSLIMS; Islam Attracts Converts By the Thousand, Drawn Before and After Attacks
    By JODI WILGOREN
    Source: The New York Times: October 22, 2001, Monday
    Section: National Desk

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/3016/fastest.htm

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..." Hillary Rodman Clinton, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

Famous people are affected too:

Singer "Cat Stevens" Hear his story as told him
    http://www.islamtomorrow.net/converts/yusuf_islam.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

nutter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

To paraphrase one of your holy chants:

Illah il allah - "There is no god" Get over it and live the life you have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭loz_the_boz

salem14 wrote:

Famous people are affected too:

Singer "Cat Stevens" Hear his story as told him
    http://www.islamtomorrow.net/converts/yusuf_islam.htm

The guy just turned from entering the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 salem14

From what I've heard from different friends of mine who have converted to Islam, there are a few main reasons for most conversions.

1. Islam is a religious lifestyle, not just a quick Sunday morning church visit and a label. Although some Christians do pray before each meal and spend much time with their Bible, etc.many don't in the USA. Islam is something that can't be shunted into a few spare hours. You pray five times a day. Your dress code is affected; even your food choices are explained in the Qur'an. Many converts like it because they feel actively involved and as if they are truly religious.

2. For women, it is a big and welcome change from the "in your face" sexuality of western culture. Women are not required by the Qur'an to veil. They are required to dress modestly and it is *recommended* that they cover their hair. However, most do veil and some go farther with niquab (the face screen) or other traditional clothes. Women dressed like this consider themselves marked as religious women, not easy dates. They don't get hit on. No one gawks at their bodies. They are clearly off limits sexually and many that I personally know say it is liberating not to have to conform to western standards of sexy dress, makeup and spending so much time and money on appearance. You buy a five-dollar hijab, put your hair in a ponytail and cover, wear long skirt and a tunic shirt -you're set.

3. Islam is also growing because many people are not satisfied with Christianity. They feel it is too liberal, too fluid and changes for the culture. Islam on the other hand is more rigid and does not as a whole allow much for modern changes and the whims of society. Many like it because they feel other religions have loose standards.

That's what I got from the new Muslimah's group at Yahoo, Islamway women's board and a few other friends of mine. Stats taken by many college groups say that women convert 4 times more often then men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I know this is going to sound totally chauvinistic, sexist etc etc

But I bet its the ugly fat ones who convert because with islam they can make a virtue of hiding their weight and hairy top lips.

Much like the way you never see a good looking female goth,(don't mean the skater/hippy chicks but real goths). I think they make themselves as ugly as possible with the makeup and dress and piercings so that they can convince themselves, I'm ugly cause I choose to be, rather than because I just am.

I am a bad bad person....I know!! :D:D

Watches bad rep points mount up!! :D:D

To the original poster. You might find this useful:

holy_book_office_assistant.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

well im female and i don't mind being "hit on",its called freedom and it allows me and every other girl the freedom of choosing our own partner, how do you know what you like if youvn't sampled a few of the goods?!

also whats so wrong with the female body that it has to be covered up and not the male body? whats wrong with western liberalization? it least it gives us the choice to make our own paths in life and we don't have to just do what everyone else is doing.

choosing a religion/path in life is a personal thing that know one should force on anyone else. do you not aggree?

i also don't think statistics or other comments aren't likely to win ppl over. if ppl want to convert you are more likely to put ppl off .

youv certainely put me becoming a muslim, i don't know about anyone else here

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

salem14 wrote:
    I’m not a religious but astonished to know that Quran contains unbelievable scientific facts discovered just in the last century.

· Mountains!
    · Oceans And Seas!
    · The Sequence Of Day And Night!

:confused:
    Well spotted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

You're not religious, yet you come on here preaching about how great Islam is? Hmm...

And by the way, a lot of muslim women don't have a choice in covering up their bodies. They do it for fear of being beaten by their husbands. (i'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone but you hear some horror stories).

http://www.iran-press-service.com/articles_2001/jun_2001/iwsf_conf_18601.htm

I'm not a bit bigoted, but will you go away with your crap about women covering up because they want to be liberated from the western way of dressing. I don't call them all having to wear the same clothes and cover their faces all the time as liberated.

Go preach somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

meepmeep wrote:
    You're not religious, yet you come on here preaching about how great Islam is? Hmm...

And by the way, a lot of muslim women don't have a choice in covering up their bodies. They do it for fear of being beaten by their husbands. (i'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone but you hear some horror stories).

http://www.iran-press-service.com/articles_2001/jun_2001/iwsf_conf_18601.htm

I'm not a bit bigoted, but will you go away with your crap about women covering up because they want to be liberated from the western way of dressing. I don't call them all having to wear the same clothes and cover their faces all the time as liberated.

Go preach somewhere else
    Word up, homie!

And I don't know about you, salem14, but I don't like the thought of having to shave my pubes every day.

(Yes. This is true. Muslims must shave off their pubic hair.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement