Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Article] France hit by injuries (Irl vs Fr)

• 27-09-2004 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

27/09/04

France hit by injuries
    TWO midfielders expected to figure in France’s squad for the World Cup qualifier against Ireland on Saturday week are doubtful through injury.

Central midfielder Benoit Pedretti will undergo medical tests today after twisting his left knee playing for Marseille on Saturday. Jerome Rothen is out of Paris Saint-Germain’s visit to CSKA Moscow in the Champions League on Wednesday after failing to shake off a hamstring injury sustained.

Raymond Domenech will name his squad for the Ireland match on Thursday.

y.

Some good news then but I havent heard much about these fellas, Pedretti and Rothen to be honest. Are they even any good?

We should be seriously be coming out with a draw at least.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Rothen starred for Monaco last year. Plays on the left hand side of midfield, I would'nt call him a winger in the Duff mould but he has a very dangerous left foot and throws in some great crosses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Some good news then but I havent heard much about these fellas, Pedretti and Rothen to be honest. Are they even any good?

We should be seriously be coming out with a draw at least.
    Rothen is one of the best players in France but didn't play against the Faroe's. He should be in France's first team IMO and if fit will probably start against us. I don't think Domenech will play Pires and Rothen in the same team though.

I don't know a lot about Pedretti TBH but from what I know he's a defensive midfielder and with Makelele retiring and Vieira out they could be in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Pedretti is the third choice DMC so he is a big loss .
    We can be sure whover is playing the DMC role will be playing in France and most likely **** .

Advertisement