Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefly

Options
  • 27-09-2004 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Ok,just bought the boxed set, and it is un-freakin-believable. I'd seen the feature length pilot a few weeks back in a mates', but the first 6 or so episodes were equally briliant when we watched them last night. Why of why do Fox keep financing, then cancelling brilliant series???

Space:Above and Beyond anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ok,just bought the boxed set, and it is un-freakin-believable. I'd seen the feature length pilot a few weeks back in a mates', but the first 6 or so episodes were equally briliant when we watched them last night. Why of why do Fox keep financing, then cancelling brilliant series???
    Man I thought this was about a Firefly comic frown.gif
    However, there is a Firefly movie - Serenity - at least. You do know there's a movie right? So that's a little something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Sorry to get your hopes up man,rest assured if I do hear something about a firefly comic you'll be the first to know. And yeah looking forward to the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Josh Whedon is currently involved with the Ultimate X-men comics.

Yeah Firefly was a great show, that got cancelled well before it ever hit its prime. There's a thread on it in Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭niall mc cann

I love "War Stories" and "Objects in Space", but they're all great TV, with the possible exception of the reaver victim one, which felt a little contrived to me. Still, that's in the context of a fantastic series. One of the most impressive opening seasons i've ever seen in fact. I love it.

I love "War Stories" and "Objects in Space", but they're all great TV, with the possible exception of the reaver victim one, which felt a little contrived to me. Still, that's in the context of a fantastic series. One of the most impressive opening seasons i've ever seen in fact. I love it.

Dammit man!!!! Spoiler warnings in future, I haven't finished watching all 14 episodes yet!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭niall mc cann

Sorry! Hadn't realised.

Don't worry, though. Nothing's given away. They're just my preferences, is all.

Sorry! Hadn't realised.

Don't worry, though. Nothing's given away. They're just my preferences, is all.

No worries,brilliant, brilliant series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh jesus yes! Fantastic little series altogether...
    Check out the thread about it on the sci-fi/fantasy board though.

Advertisement