Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6600

• 27-09-2004 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

anyone know the cheapest place 2 get one of these ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

have you tried ebay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Also metoer are selling them for about 350euro u can get nokias unlocked for free aswell and still get up to 120euro credit and a metoer sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

how does that work if i allready am with meteor
    can i keep my old number and get the 120 credit ?
    if so id probably buy one

edit* its 379 with 80 euro credit
    300 aint bad, not a great price either though if u ask me
    anyone see em cheaper somewhere or am i just being greedy ?

dont feel like chancing ebay after all those online fone scams etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Well if you try the internet?Maybe Herehttp://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=113533: they look to be the cheapest online so far or your best bet would be metoer coz if anyting happend to the fone you no ware to go! :D

i wouldnt no alot about metoer but if your with them a while would you be intitled to 120? im not to sure its that way on 02 i tink? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭samo

Meteor do an upgrade package in thier stores which is if you have spent over 160e with meteor and been customer longer than 6 months you get a 10euro reduction (Wooh!) off the handset price but credit is 70e onto existing number which is 10e per month (I'm not entirely sure if thats the exact amount so doublecheck that).

Not an amazing deal really but there you go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

samo wrote:
    Meteor do an upgrade package in thier stores which is if you have spent over 160e with meteor and been customer longer than 6 months you get a 10euro reduction (Wooh!) off the handset price but credit is 70e onto existing number which is 10e per month (I'm not entirely sure if thats the exact amount so doublecheck that).

Not an amazing deal really but there you go

i think this is instead of the €70 they offer you with a new phone anyway which makes the value of the upgrade as opposed to buying the yoke new €10 (i might be wrong but this was the impression i got last time i talked to someone from meteor)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

i checked ebay last nite but most if not all the sellers have maybe 5 or 6 previous deals
    no really prepared 2 buy off them
    and any power sellers seem 2 b selling them for 300 sterling

clearz did u find there is a lot of lag with the fone ? any review i read of it
    that seems 2 b a major downside

Just about to tell you to watch out for dodgy deals on ebay. I have been ripped off before.

Overall it is a pretty funky phone.

Downfactors:

1) Takes over a minute to start up but how often do you turn your phone on and off.

2) When the screen light goes off and you press a button there is a second delay before the back light comes on. Can become anoying.

3) As you said the whole operating system is pretty slow (lags).

4) I have had a nokia 3210 for 4 and a half years with no problem. I have droped the thing close to 100 times and not a bodder apart from a few scratches. I have the 6600 a week and I let it fall and the screen cracks. I dont know was this just very bad luck or is it the screen.

I still would reccommend them if you can get over the slowness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

What's the deal when a seller says the 'phone is blocked in the UK but will work fine in other countries? (see this Nokia 3200, for eg.) Stolen? IMEI on a list somewhere?

yeah stolen fone is blocked on all uk networks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Thanks m8.
    Same thing for a 'phone they say is "locked"..?

Advertisement