Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20-in on the 26th...

Options
  • 27-09-2004 11:37am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Congrats Hyzepher.... nice to see one of us take it down.

I was average stacked at the break with 5K, motored nicely up to about 8-9K when I hit a horrible hand with 4.5K in the pot and two cards to come a guy goes all in for 2K. I have an up and down straight draw and I'm looking at 6.5K for a 2K bet. so I call and despite also having over cards to his pair (!) I didnt hit anything. *shrug*

Almost immediately afterwards I have A2 in BB and get a 245 flop. Ok...
    No betting from anyone. Turn is a blank river is a 3. I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm not the only one with the bottom straight. Oscar has hit 2 pair and not seen the straight until the other guy comes out firing and I call his reraise expecting a split pot. He's been (amazingly) sloplaying pocket 6's. Ouch.

After that I just dwindled until I made a stand with K6 suited (stealing from UTG) and got immediately called by AK. Ouch x 2.

A nice cash game started (cheers for pointing that out Oscar!) and I made 50 of the 63 I lost on the tournie back in it.

DeV.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dapper... how did you do in the end? Man that was some comeback from feck all chips at the break!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yeah I thought I was going to be in for the comeback of the century - I was up to around 10k from nowt with not many people left.

Just didn't get any cards from then on and the blinds started biting pretty deep. I found 77 in the smal blind with one limper ahead and went all in happy to take the BB plus the limp but unfortunately the BB had QQ and far more chips than me.

Goodnight muchachos. Had fun though and it was nice to get back in the fitz groove, haven't been in ages. Way more fun than the interweb pok0r.

I can't believe Hyzepher won it. That guy's a total prick.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Well Oscar nearly had the comeback of the month. he was down to 3k at the final table and within 3-4 hands had about 35k - ending up 3rd.

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

DeVore wrote:
    Almost immediately afterwards I have A2 in BB and get a 245 flop. Ok...
    No betting from anyone. Turn is a blank river is a 3. I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm not the only one with the bottom straight. Oscar has hit 2 pair and not seen the straight until the other guy comes out firing and I call his reraise expecting a split pot. He's been (amazingly) sloplaying pocket 6's. Ouch.

DeV.

That was me with the 6's. Thanks for that but as I recall there was an 8 on the turn and a 67 would have beaten my 66.

What you didn't mention was how Oscar spanked me the very next hand when he checked after the flop J88 and I went all in with JJ and Oscar had the nuts - Quad 8's. Great play by Oscar, very cool. I was on a roll and he took me out for 7k/8k. Big lesson learnt about hubris and poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Congrats to Oscar, the most amazing comeback I've (not) seen - I walked away from the table in disgust after the evil hand of death put all my chips in - 11k - with ATo, only to be called by JJ, knocking me out 7th. Had I sensibly waited for Oscar to get blinded away I would have been short-stack on the bubble with a prayer of a money finish.

• Advertisement

Ah - those were my JJ!

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Congrats hyzepher, well played even though I was disgusted that you werent attacking pat on the final table when she only had 3xbb it all worked out in the end though, knew I was behind with my 1010 but I couldnt bring myself to fold

Dev I saw that the 6 mader the straight but for some reason I didnt see that the ace made it so I was willing to call you not seeing how you could have a 6 but once bigdragon came over the top it was obvious he had 66.

3x BB is big enough - you should know. Just calling/raising her with anything could of brought her back from the dead - I think she won a multi-pot at one stage. I cant go around leaking chips for the sake of it.

Hyzepher

Yea fair enough, I was just getting frustrated cos I was getting antied away again

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bigdragon, when I said "amazingly" I was talking about the odds. You played 66's perfectly and got a weird result but thats the power of hidden pairs. They can be stealth killers. I was sure you had an ace so I just called to be in the split pot. I thought to myself that the only hand you could have played that way with and that could beat me was 66. There were lots of Ax hands you could have that would have you bet as you did and plenty of two pair/trips that would also get beaten by a less then obvious straight.

DeV.

Advertisement