Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem's new single

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Im saying that he did have talent, His main talent was his lyrics, but no matter how good your lyrics are if they are put to crap pop music they loose there credibility, Some people might love his songs, im just saying that if i wanna listen to comedy i stick on a comedian, I wanna hear about real life stuff thats intresting and that stands the test of time, Not Hollywood gossip shít that is current for about 2 months.........

He is moving away from what inspired him in the first place, coming from a poor background, so now he is rapping about what he watchs on his TV, wacko jacko etc

In my opinion his current stuff is just "Hip Pop" a'la Chingy/Nelly
    S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Yeah fair enough but you can't say he had little talent and has none now. The talent is still there, its just that he's not using it. I'll wait to hear his album but it seems like he's running out of things to rap about, as you said. His rapping talents and his songs are two different things imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

David19 wrote:
    His rapping talents and his songs are two different things imo.

Very well put, I really wish he would use his skills and make some good music again, Because he is well able to. Its just that his current stuff is muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the album is significantly different to the single.

Personally I don't rate it, I think it's worse that the previous first single pop releases which Makaveli lists above. In my opinion the commercial machine behind Eminem will ensure that he sticks to the tried and tested formula of pre-releasing a poppy single and using it to generate sales of the album, but will then allow him more personal freedom with what he does on the remainder of the material. This way they reach the minimum amount of sales required to keep them in Armani as quick as possible, even if the fans aren't too sure about any new directions the material takes.

Again, In my opinion, his best work to date has been the Marshall Mathers LP. My theory is that that the more poppy, humour driven, material follows an artistic direction set by the afore mentioned commercial machine behind the Eminem brand, and I'd include Dre in this. The more rocky stuff, a lot of the Eminem Show, and a significant amount of the 8 mile stuff, comes more from Emimem himself. The later albums have been moving more towards the latter material as Eminem gradually gains more control of his artistic direction and production of the material, and comes out from under Dre's wing. I haven't heard much about the forthcoming album, but my guess is that it will again lean more in this direction, despite the impression given by the standard pop teaser single.

As I've mentioned above, I think his best material was on the MM LP, which is where the balance between Dre's influence and Eminems own ideas was at its best, rhymes loaded with black humour and giving a middle finger to political correctness, combined with skilled production. From his other mainstream releases, the Slim Shady LP was Eminem the disposable gimmick, and the Eminem Show was overly aggressive, with obvious rock influences which detracted from its effectiveness in my opinion. Both albums definitely had some good individual tunes, but I am assessing them as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

on a lighter note aren't the kids that dance in the video really cute AND funky. Pity the foul truth is they're just there to poke fun at MJ's pheadophillic* ways, *-did i spell that right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I hate the song and i hate eminem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Just heard the song "Encore" from the album. With Dr. Dre and 50 Cent.

This is so bad. Kinda like "What You Say" from the last album, but much worse. Ugh the chorus is very annoying too. Looks like this album is gonna be terrible.

Going back to "Just Lose It", I can't think of softer targets than Michael Jackson and MC Hammer. There's nothing the slightest bit controversial about the song or the video. I mean, Pee Wee Herman??? :rolleyes:

And Paris Hilton, two albums ago he would have been ripping the p*ss out of her, not having her in the feckin video.

The end of Eminem, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Oh you can be sure it wont be the end of Eminem.

Advertisement