Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win98 Network Performance Monitoring

Options
  • 27-09-2004 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi guys,

yes... you did read it right... Windows 98... ;)

I need to do some simple network checks to try and reduce the throughput from a Win98 machine to an SCOUnix Server...

on anything from Win2k onwards I use the Performance Monitor...

Does anyone know of a tool that will allow me get the same on a Win98 machine... I am only looking for something to capture and log total bytes up and down (quite stright forward really)...

Many thanks in advance for your help (have been looking for a bit and havn't found a thing).

The Duke : ))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Guh, haven't used '98 in years... I've got a really foggy memory of something called sysmon.exe as part of windows though.
    IIRC it had a lot of the same snapins as perfmon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Start - Programs - accessories - system tools - SYSMON.EXE - cant remember if it's in add/remove windows components or if it's hidden on the CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yep, think it's an add/remove proggy... there's definitly the option to install it during a custom '98 install.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

tnx guys.... now that you mention it sysmon does ring a bell...

I'll go check it out...

Tnx again, :D

The Duke : ))

Advertisement