Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB SMTP issue?

Options
  • 27-09-2004 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to send email via my non-iol smtp servers but getting connection failed. Is this happening anyone else just so I know when I call tech support?

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Are you trying to relay off these servers? If so you will get connection refused unless you come from a trusted IP address. This is to prevent spamming and is the correct configuration for a public SMTP server.

So if I'm an IOL server then I will accept mail to IOL.IE but not for HOTMAIL.COM, etc, unless I am configured to accept relay from the senders address.

I'd imagine this is your problem.

JayoK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

I've been using two different email providers, both public, and never had a prob with them till very recently. This leads me to believe that's nothing to do with the email providers as the chances of them both doing the same thing like that at the same time are highly unlikely. I've been able to send through smtp at work.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 connie00

The convention with smtp is you use the smtp sever of your ISP regardless of what email address your using. For example I have an eircom email address but I use chorus cable dsl so I use their smtp. Same before thatwhen I was as with esat, when setting up the smtp connnection just put the name of you non ISP email in the "from" box and replies will go to that address. :D hope Im not stating the obvious here :D gdluck

Advertisement