Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Prix predictions

Options
  • 27-09-2004 7:39pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Grand Prix & the new snooker season starts back this weekend. \o/ :D

Anyone got any predictions?

The draw can be found here .

It's a bit hard to make good predictions as very few of the players have had any real match practice, but I might put a few quid on John Higgins to make a decent start to the season. I'm hopeful for Irish lads too, great to see 7 of them reaching the TV stages of the tournament. :D

Who'll win? 4 votes

Ronnie O'Sullivan
    0% 0 votes
    Stephen Hendry
    25% 1 vote
    Paul Hunter
    0% 0 votes
    John Higgins
    0% 0 votes
    Mark Williams
    75% 3 votes
    Jimmy White
    0% 0 votes
    Peter Ebdon
    0% 0 votes
    Matthew Stevens
    0% 0 votes
    Stephen Lee
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Great to see 7 Irish make Round 2 alright. Also good to see Joe Delaney and Rodney Goggins make it through the qualifiers to Round 1. Maybe they have, but I've never noticed either of them making it that far before. A trip to the televised stages of a tournie is hopefully in sight for them.

Very hard to pick a winner given that there's no form guide. So I had a quick look at what seed might get upset in Round 2 - and a common theme emerged (in my mind :p ) - oldies to start the season slowly

John Parrott v James Wattana
    Steve Davis v Sean Storey
    Tony Drago v Jin Long
    Jimmy White v Patrick Wallace

The 4 non-seeds above were all comfortable winners in the previous rounds so seem to be in good form (of course their opponents could have been cack!), so I'd fancy upsets in these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

This year is Rodneys 1st on the main tour afik, he had been playing on the challenge tour last year, I didnt realise Joe Delaney was even over on the main circuit so that is great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I voted Ronnie 'cos I think he will have kept up his morale and form from the end of last season. (This coming from someone who's only really followed snooker since Christmas but anyway...) Where can we see this on telly?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I voted Ronnie 'cos I think he will have kept up his morale and form from the end of last season. (This coming from someone who's only really followed snooker since Christmas but anyway...) Where can we see this on telly?

It will be on the BBC throughout the week. :) I don't think they have a digital interactive service for it though, like they did with the world championships in april.

Here are the BBC listings for it.

Advertisement