Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

smallville season 4 opinions? *spoiler warning*

• 27-09-2004 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

just finished watching the 1st episode of the new series, at 1st watch i though it was the best ep ever, that was until the shock of actually seeing clark fly wore off, has to be said i looked alot better than neo flying in the matrix, was a funny episode also alot of ref's to the movies thrown in, but the black kryptonite ??!!!### please was that really necessary???

what did ye others think of it, set it up for a good series but lest hope the dont throw in alto of filler episodes like theyve done over the last 3 series,
    no word on bruce wayne making an appearance yet, but bart allen aka the 3rd flash is gonna be in ep 5???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I thought it was a bit of an anti-climax after the huge cliffhanger end to series 3 that everyone escaped unscathed.

I like the look of Lois Lane although I do have a major problem with her turning up pre Clark's Daily Planet / Metropolis era. Surely they could have introduced the Chloey's journalist cousin character without making her Lois Lane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Ah Sh!t, I missed it.

Where and when was it on ???

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well I'd hardly call Lex's repeated blood transfusions escaping unscathed!!

I quite enjoyed this... mostly. I love when Tom Welling gets to go all bad-ass, which he did in the last season opener (on red kryptonite) and now again as Kal-El, the foot soldier for Jor-El. He's so much more fun than the whiny farm boy...

Lana: Warrior Princess - annoying or what? I hope there's some reason for her going all glowy and getting a weird tatoo because Lana is, generally, highly irritating and doesn't need any more screen time than strictly necessary. At least her new bloke might prevent more pining over Clark.

Lois Lane - Fine so far. She's a bit abrupt and rude but it's a nice way to show her tone manners versus the more sedate country life. I think I could like her.

Lex Luthor - He the man. I do hope we're going to find out more about how he came to be on his Indiana Jones quest but I do think it's somewhat believable that he survived. It has been told to us in years before that his immune system is odd and that he's never been sick. If anyone, besides Clark, is going to survive an assasination attempt then it's him.

Lionel Luthor - OK maybe he the man! He's going to get off - HAH! There's proper justice for ya. I love the way he was so calm when being interviewed, convinced of his own power and righteousness. I don't think he's going to be too chirpy either when he gets out....

The Kents - Reliable as usual. Not much to say about them except how the hell didn't the hospital staff recognize Clark? He's there every fupping week, mostly nursing his injured family or friends!

My favourite bit was when Lex broke the statue and Kal-El regains his memories and - wham! - flies off. Eat that Neo! Then he just bursts into the plane and recovers the statute's contents. Neato. I hope we get to see him go all Kal-El again (do we really belive Jor-El is happy to let things slide?)

As to the ending... I'm happy :) I thought she was a goner because I'm spoiler free but looks like she'll back although not in the manner I predicted before (which was as Lois Lane...).

Decent opener which, if not spectacular, sets up a number of interesting storylines for the year ahead.

Can someone please tell me when it was on ????

I checked the listings on C4 and E4 and no sight of it

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The power of broadband + downloading.... its not in the UK yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭JP Mulvano

Ahhh its going to be soooooo good although I do belive I'll wait for E4 to show it. There's something about watching it on TV you just cant beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

forgot the lois lane from the movie was in there also i hear that was because christoper reeve was unavailable, whats going on with lana, some weird sci-fi stuff went on there.

Just watched it last night.

F*ckin great episode, the flying effect was original and amazing.

Can't wait for next weeks one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

episode 2 of season 4 was out yesterday

calex71 wrote:

Man, you've just f*cked up my work day now. I want to go home :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

calex71 wrote:
    Indeed it was. And let's discuss that too shall we? Can make this like the '24' US thread last year...

Okay another mixed bag this week. First and foremost:
    CHLOE! YAYYYY! WUHOO! She's alive :) She's too good for the folk of Smallville but I'm glad to see she made it even if it makes the finale explosion a bit of a cop out (underground railroad my arse).

But how much of an utter dick is Clark for the way he's treating Lex? He's being a tosser by saying Lex put Chloe in danger when he was the one who, in fact, was keeping her alive. And the sickening hypocrisy of him daring to lambast Lex for keeping secrets when he has so often blatantly lied himself? I mean it's meant to be Clark's show but Lex is far more likeable and nice without being the blackest kettle-beating pot in town...

What was with the T1000? He seemed to have such promise yet it was squandered by a lack of screen time and understanding of his motivations. In fact this episode often seemed like a two-parter whittled down into a 1-parter.

I did like the fact that the general chasing Lois turned out to be her dad. When she was fighting the soldier I was scoffing in extreme irritation because there's no way she should be able to defeat a trained man. But, looking back, the soldier was clearly afraid of hurting his leader's kid by using excessive force. I also still like Lois and her more perky attitude. She's a hella more fun than Lana and far less self-involved.

Lex and Lionel - magnificent as usual! I almost thought we'd lose Lionel when it went all 'Oz' and he got shanked but I should have more faith in the tenacious old git. The interplay between father and soon shows just how these two can stick above the rest of the cast. It's not exactly a happy relationship is it? And yet I've faith that Lionel will pull through somehow...

Finally, Lana. Dear Lana, how I hate you. Did you catch her whiny petulant look when Clark discusses Chloe being alive? It immediately turned in to "why wasn't I told wahh wahh". I liked Lois dissing the tension at the side but every screen Lana was in drained energy from the screen as it became a bog standard emotional teenage drama. What really, really, REALLY was unforgivable was ending the final scene on Lana. Completely disgraceful. We're supposed to care about her boring, turgid romance than instead checking out how Chloe, who has been presumed DEAD and has had months of suffering, how our Chloe is? Insulting and infuriating and left a bitter taste in my mouth at the season's end.

What I hope to see over the next few weeks:
    * Less Lana and more instead of Chloe and Lois
    * If we must see Lana, show more of her bf because he's easier on the eyes
    * More of Lionel visits Oz!
    * Lots more of Lex finally giving up on his useless friend Clark and going ahead with the investigation and hopefully realizing Clark stole his prize
    * Clark apologising to Lex for being a git. Also not bothering moping around Lana and hanging out with Chloe more.
    * Not too many freak-of-the-weeks nor too many visits to the local hospital (where they must have a discount card by this stage)
    * More Lionel vs Lex scenes because they're just great.
    * Less Lana (it bears repeating)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Thread tidied up a bit, try to stay away from downloading discussion please.

Advertisement