Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for laptops. HELP

• 27-09-2004 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok i need a lota help n dunno were to start so if anyone can help it be much appreciated.

1) i just bought a toshiba laptop and have already got a normal PC with BT broadband installed. I tried installin the BT broadband onto the laptop but wouldnt work but i was able to get wannado installed no probs. Does anyone know wot wud be up with it?

2)If i got broadband with another company would i be able to hook it up to any telephone line?

thnx 2 anyone hu knows x

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I think for people to help you they will need to know what modem/router you have and what exactly you did when you say you tried to install bb on your laptop. (You dont install bb on any computer it is a matter of connecting the pc/laptop to your modem either by a cable or a wireless connection)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rachc01

The modem is a BT voyager 100 i can get it all hooked up but when you insert the installation disk that came along with the other things it just freezes and says theres a problem although it works on other PC`s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

what problem does it say? and how are you connecting it? ethernet or usb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

voyager 100 is a usb modem
    try getting updated drivers off the web
    http://www.voyager.bt.com/
    if that doesnt work
    update your usb chipset from manufacturer site
    and seriously , what problem are you having?
    error number, error message etc?
    no synch, modem wont install properly, cant select modem in dial up networking?
    let us know, and what version of windies is it?

Advertisement