Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VC 7.5K Tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It's a bit worrying alright. Last night was the first time I've ever experienced any problems with the site so it compared quite well with Ladbrokes whose tournament lobby was always broken. Laddies had a habit of crashing me at crucial stages of MTTs as well which irked.

Though if the VC problems of last night are a regular occurence it's a bit worrying. Jebus how hard can it be to have a reliable poker site? It's not as if I'm connecting through dial up or anything.

Just a quick question about cash outs. I requested one last night to go back on my Visa card, it processed alright and I got the confirmation email but the cash was still in my account for some reason. Is this normal? Does money cashed out still stay accessible for a while or did the borkage of last night extend to my cash out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

It stays accesible for a day or two before they remove it, then it takes between 4-8 days before it appears on your credit card.

Incidentally if you try to cashout and in the tranisition period go even 1c below your cashout request it is automatically terminated and you have to start the process again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I haven't played on VC much but the reliabillity does seem questionable, to say the least. Party's only crashed once in six months (while I was playing, anyway), and it's a lot softer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

You should check a couple of the threads on the hendon mob site re the vc reliability problems, people are starting to vote with their mouse and register elsewhere. As a former vc inmate, I can recommend almost any other site in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

DapperGent wrote:
    There was a message flashing up saying anyone affected should email them so they can provide appropriate credits.

Extra freerolls or something too.

Unfortunately it returned just long enough for me to go all-in with A10, against another player's J4, who hit a 4 on the river.

Interestingly, we were the only two players who managed to reconnect after the failure, so I'm sure as soon as I disappeared, the other player took advantage of the situation by raising every hand.. Unscrupulous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Anyone playing in 3.5k tournament tonight. Am in it myself and motoring on nicely. 8,250 and its only level 2. I'll probably lose it all first hand after the freezeout though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 zonemelt

Iago wrote:
    I think I'm going to take my cash out and play down my action points and just leave it at that. I enjoy the MTT's but the reliability is a joke

That's what I've been doing. Been sticking to the large freerolls like the 2.5k (12,500 AP). Made $550 from two 3rd places so far.

It's a pity, I started playing on VC 18 months ago, won several grand playing tournaments (and more playing cash games), but the ignorance to my refund requests upon disconnection was just bent. I always got my money but never on the first email.

I'm liking the tournaments on paradise at the moment, I won the daytime $40 FO some day last week and a bit on the side for an easy(ish) grand. But I really like them because they recredit European visa cards with any amount so that all arrived in my hands today.

Jono

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

can anyone get into vc today?

just set up an account, deposited and now they are 'upgrading their servers' all day long.

doesn't bode well.....

I was in for a few hours today, they made some changes this morning and when it came back up it started booting players so they've taken it back down again. It'll be back up in the next 10-15 minutes and they've said that there will be plenty of freerolls as a result..

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

There seems to be an awful lot of people complaining about them atm. Appartently they cancelled a 50k guranteed tournament when it was close to finishing because they stood to lose 30k on it and simply gave people back their entry fees. That has a lot of people over on the Hendon Mob's forums up in arms and rightly so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I love the software, tournaments and the generally weak standard but the stability is terrible. I'm hopeful that it will be good soon as it appears that its all due to upgrading but it would want to improve considerably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭dropsy

The 50K tourney was cancelled about 3/4 of an hour in but because it was in progress they could not stop it and instead sent a message to all players asking them to simply leave their table and they would receive a refund of the entry fee. I subsequently got refunded but some player stayed on in the tourney and about 4 hours in there was still a final table of 6 players who all seemed blissfully unaware that instead of the 8K first prize they were all going to get their 37 bucks back :(

The tourney was cancelled (officially) because the VC cage was down again meaning that player who were knocked out early could not rebuy - in truth, that was a big problem because playing styles change before and after the rebuy period. In reality, because there were no rebuys possible, the prize fund was only 25K or so meaning that if VC had continued they would have had to fork out the additional 25K - that made the decision pretty easy I guess.

Agree with you Dapper, good site, good s/w (although easier access to hand histories would be good) but crap stability.

vc's back up...

Advertisement