Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you like in San Andreas??

Options
  • 28-09-2004 4:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

San Andreas is almost here but i was thinking of stuff that rockstar could have done to improve on Vice City, we all know by now about the new features in San Andreas i.e. gaining weight, getting a hair cut, creating your own gang, gambeling, graffitti, bicycles, 4 times the size as Vice City, the list goes on. Vice City is a near perfect game and the inclusion of all these would make it much better of course, but can you think of anything else that they could do to improve the series?
    Personly i would love to see the population of San Andreas actually interacting with each other, sure in Vice City there were gangs of people chatting together in a group but i would love to see that taken further.
    A couple in an alley kissing for example or a couple holding hands while waiting on the bus, an old lady pushing a pram of cans (they do that in america, yeah really) or a guy putting out the trash. Basically anything that involves two objects/people touching. It'll add to the experience and make it feel more realistic.
    Of course adding animals and children would also make it more realistic but i understand why they cant do that, (the last thing we want is to get it banned) so thats fair enough.
    So what things would you love to see in San Andreas or later GTAs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

I'd like a speedo, I know Im driving recklessley, but i'd love to know just how recklessley! And an optional first person viewpoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DieHardGamer

I'd like a speedo, I know Im driving recklessley, but i'd love to know just how recklessley! And an optional first person viewpoint.

Yeah but a speedo might just clutter up the screen too much and it would be in danger of becoming a racing game and there already is an option for 1st person view by using the right anolog stick altough it only works when standing still, i fear it might ruin the game though and it would be in danger of becoming an FPS, sure you only really need 1st person view to look around your location. If it was an option in the main menu that you could turn on or off then that would be grand but i wouldnt like it they wasted a button for the feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

A truly non-linear plot where the game can take off in many completely different directions.
    The problem as I see it with GTA3 and Vice City is the low replay value... although maybe people wouldn't agree, but personally I just couldn't bring myself to play them through more than twice... ever.... as much as I'd love to.
    Taking missions from one organisation and staying loyal to them, and playing out that whole side of things to completion would be cool... then starting again, but this time going with another group.
    Also, it's not the size of the map that matters to me, it's the number of missions to be had... there are some areas in these maps that look like they could be used for some really good missions, but never see the light of day.
    I'd prefer a map half the size with twice the number of missions.... anything to give me more than a week of play out of these games. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

SantaHoe wrote:
    The problem as I see it with GTA3 and Vice City is the low replay value...:(

Low replay. I havent even really boddered about the missions in both games. I just throw on the game and let it all loose on an unsuspecting city. Best game for replaying ive came across. Also its the only game i have played were knowing the cheats make it more interesting instead of ruining it.

What would I like in San-Anderas. Online play. A city were all the people are real. With real gangs ect. Maby that is to much for the PS2 but I say not the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I would like them to change the way wanted levels work, and make the police pursuits similar to how they are in Mafia. It would be fun to be actually chased by one or a group of cops and try to evade and lose them rather than scurrying around looking for badges to lower your wanted level with police popping out at every turn.
    I havent even really boddered about the missions in both games.

If this is really true you are missing out on a huge part of the games, as the plots are actually very good, and the missions entertaining and challenging at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

OSiriS wrote:
    If this is really true you are missing out on a huge part of the games, as the plots are actually very good, and the missions entertaining and challenging at times.

Well the first one I played some of the missions. Ya see my brothers play also so we would just flick on the PS and do whater mission was next. But I got the jist of the plot. As for the second one I dont think I ever did a mission. I just looked for stunts like ramping off the gurders on top of the building site.

clearz wrote:
    I just throw on the game and let it all loose on an unsuspecting city. Best game for replaying ive came across.
    I guess it depends on what you enjoy about the game.
    I like driving around and exploring the place... I take my time and look for packages... raging it up is great fun, but I find I soon get hungry for a mission... then once I've completed them all, it all just feels pointless for some reason. :confused:
    Maybe if the pedestrian/police AI was better, I could have a bit of fun with them.

Oh and I'd like ragdoll physics so I can watch pedestrians flailing around as they fly over my bonnet ;)

I'm not getting too excited about San Andreas yet though, the PC version is a long way off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

an update of the physics engine would be great but not too much to relieve the game of its humour and slightly cartoony appeal.

the improvements between 3 and vice city were huge, if that step could be taken again and then some, id be very pleased indeed.

oh and how about a greater choice in the music, even though most of the songs in true crime werent to my liking, they suited the scenes perfectly, and while on the subject of true crime, some of the 'extra' features in that wouldnt dent the rep of rockstar, eg. better fighting techniques etc...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SantaHoe wrote:
    Oh and I'd like ragdoll physics so I can watch pedestrians flailing around as they fly over my bonnet ;)

No need to want ragdoll physics because according to the new features list theres a new physics engine for GTA:SA and this includes ragdoll physics.

SantaHoe wrote:
    I guess it depends on what you enjoy about the game.
    I like driving around and exploring the place... I take my time and look for packages... raging it up is great fun, but I find I soon get hungry for a mission.

This is the reason why GTA sells so much, it appeals to all kind of players.
    I too love to get all the packages/stunt/shops knocked off etc etc.. (although i still need two stunts in Vice City to get 100%) but i also love the missions because causing havok is fun and all but eventually i get bored and wanna do something to advance me through the game.
    As for reply value, it can take 60 to 70 hours to complete the game depending how much sight-seeing you do, It's about 14 times the length as most games, for example MGS2, so i dont really see how replay value is needed.
    Am i the only one who uses Vice City' radio stations at family parties?
    When the whole family is here i stick on VC, turn off the tv and let Emotion or Wave play through the Dolby Surround speakers. Its a great conversation piece 'Now you can visit your old people but you have the comfort of knowing that you don't have to'. That always gets a giggle from my parents. :D

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    No need to want ragdoll physics because according to the new features list theres a new physics engine for GTA:SA and this includes ragdoll physics.
    Ooh, nice.
    I haven't been reading anything about it except what I see here... just cba until it's nearly released on my chosen platform... no point getting too worked up about it this soon... PC all the way ;)
    so i dont really see how replay value is needed.
    Like I said, it depends on what you enjoy about the game.
    I could complete the storyline of GTA3 or Vice City in one sitting... for people like me, there's very little to come back to.
    I force myself to take things easy because I know I'll be bored once I've finished it... I'll ride around collecting packages and hookers, but the missions are what I really want.
    In terms of man-hours spent working on the game, I'd say creating extra missions and plot-twists is comparatively quick... instead they give us building interiors :(

Even though Vice City had a larger map... it felt a lot shorter than GTA3 for some reason.
    I suspect that reason to be the A-list actors they employed to do the voice work and the cost there of. (look in the manual under 'credits')
    So creating missions I guess was costing them a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'd like to see interior-views in the cars... that would solve the speedo issue. though i think it may be in the new game since they've added functional mirrors in the cars....

really though, i'd love to see an online mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Am i the only one who uses Vice City' radio stations at family parties
    probably not alone the only one on this forum but u are probably the only
    person alive that does this

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Heres a link to a site with the full list of features that will be in the new GTA game.Some of them are pretty good.
    http://fivestarstuff.com/list.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Whats the time frame on the xbox version ? *Hoping for it to be soon*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

IrishMike wrote:
    probably not alone the only one on this forum but u are probably the only
    person alive that does this

:eek:
    came home to visit my folks for the weekend earlier today. my da had the wave soundtrack playing as i got into the car :D

nice find Slunk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I wonder if it'll let ya create ur own radio stations (Although i didnt look at the list) , had to break my hole creating one in vice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

Personly i would love to see the population of San Andreas actually interacting with each other, sure in Vice City there were gangs of people chatting together in a group but i would love to see that taken further.
    A couple in an alley kissing for example or a couple holding hands while waiting on the bus, an old lady pushing a pram of cans (they do that in america, yeah really) or a guy putting out the trash. Basically anything that involves two objects/people touching. It'll add to the experience and make it feel more realistic.

Thought i read some where that each citizen of SA will have their own days. What I means is that if you follow a person around the game all day you will see his daily routine, e.g. going to shops, eating and going back home etc
    I could be wrong thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I wonder if it'll let ya create ur own radio stations (Although i didnt look at the list) , had to break my hole creating one in vice.

You can add an MP3 station on the PC already, and iirc on the XBOX too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah. all you had to do is drag your mp3s into the awkwardly titled "Mp3" folder...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I just copied links into the folder, didn't even bother moving my mp3s about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

All the stuff that was added to vice city by users after it came out should be included as far as i see it. Obviously some of the stuff is not going to happen such as real car names for (legal reasons etc.) and stuff but for the most part a lot of your requests are quite reasonable. I always thought it should have told you which gang territory you were entering into and a fullscreen map would be nice.

I took the entire lazlo radio show and put it on cd and played it in the car one day. My dad couldnt figure out why the radio played stuff like that. So it is a cool thing to do...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

i would love multi player but thats not going to happen :(

Delta_ie wrote:
    Thought i read some where that each citizen of SA will have their own days. What I means is that if you follow a person around the game all day you will see his daily routine, e.g. going to shops, eating and going back home etc
    I could be wrong thought.

This is true, to a certain extent. I don't think every induvidual has their own day routine, it would take too long to program every citizen, instead what i think they might have done is that every type of citizen has their own routine, for example: all women with red jumper and jeans go to the shops, then work then home while all women with blue jumper and dress goes to the shop then park then home.
    Then again i could be wrong, but it seems more logical. At least its better then all citizens walking around the block in a loop, like in The Truman Show.
    I also heard a rumour that Eminem' music will be in San Andreas. Is this true?
    The plot thickens!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I also heard a rumour that Eminem' music will be in San Andreas. Is this true?

I doubt it since it would be out of the games timeline. Unless he wrote new material and went under another name.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well the story of the main character Carl Johnson is very very similar to that of rapper 50 Cent(real name: Curtis Jackson).

Carl Johnson is almost certainly the main character in GTA San Andreas. Returning home after a 5 year break in Liberty City, Carl is back to attend his mothers funeral after she tragically died. When he returns home he is immediately reunited with his brother Sweet and his good friends Smoke and Ryder who are still a part of the crumbling Grove Street Families gang. With Carl's help they intend to regain power on the streets however he is reluctant to get drawn back into the gang lifestyle. Unfortunately he has no choice and begins his life again as a Los Santos gang member. Carl has a few family members close to him, mainly being his brother Sweet Johnson and his sister Kendl Johnson, however Carl also had a younger brother, Brian who was killed in a car accident and his mother Beverly Johnson who recently passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I was talking about labeling the radio station as an album or a various artist name. Eg Jimi Hendrix. And having a picture in the options of that artist. But thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The sole thing that kills the experience for me in VC is the constant respawning of cars and pedestrians just down the road. Bloody infuriating. If they just made each car and pedestrian constant (it cant take that much fúcking processor power), I'd be happy.

If they just made each car and pedestrian constant (it cant take that much fúcking processor power), I'd be happy

It does take a bit of processing power but more importantly it eats up RAM which the PS2 has bugger all of. Xbox and PC could probably do it with the HD.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I doubt it since it would be out of the games timeline. Unless he wrote new material and went under another name.

I forgot about that, it was just wishfull thinking. Dr Dre was around then though, not famous but definetly underground. Speaking of the timeline, i think a few songs in VC were a few years of the timeline too. So ya never know.
    Not sure about all this Gaining weight/Haircuts/Tattoos stuff that will be in SA, if i wanted Sims id buy Sims. Stick with the genre rockstar!! We don't wanna feel like little girls dressing our barbies!!!

Advertisement