Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you like in San Andreas??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Moriarty wrote:
    The sole thing that kills the experience for me in VC is the constant respawning of cars and pedestrians just down the road. Bloody infuriating. If they just made each car and pedestrian constant (it cant take that much fúcking processor power), I'd be happy.

Yeah, I'd be cruising along in VC, see a nice car turn a corner and then I'm flooring it so that I get to it before it disappears. Hopefully there'll be more options to increase the persistence of stuff depending on how good your pc is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DieHardGamer

Yeah i know what you mean, i was attempting to cause a chain reaction with a load of cars so i parked a bus sideways on a road got out and started hi-jacking and positioning cars into position but after about 5 cars the 1st cars started dissapearing although it does depend on how far you wander from the scene eventually i managed to get 10 cars into position, i shot the bonnet of 1 car and witnessed a cool chain reaction, then again it did take me an hour to do with all the cars dissapearing on me.
    It would be good if they improved that, but not essential. If San Andreas is as good as VC i'll be happy. Even if they kept VC and just added missions and stuff i'd still be happy. What does everyone else think of the 'Sims' aspect of SA? Personnely i would prefer SA without being able to loose weight or get your hair cut or get a tattoo, just would'nt feel like GTA anymore. Many games enable you to personilize your character like Tony Hawk, Snooker, WCW and it's really no big deal. Stick with the genre RockStar, i don't wanna feel like a little girl dressing a barbie doll!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

The cars are a lot more persistant if you leave the doors open when you get out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Not sure about all this Gaining weight/Haircuts/Tattoos stuff that will be in SA, if i wanted Sims id buy Sims. Stick with the genre rockstar!! We don't wanna feel like little girls dressing our barbies!!!

I'm not sure about this "3d" thing in SA and the last two games - Rockstar North, go back to the old-style! Oh, and while you're at it change your name back to DMA! Go DMA!

monument wrote:
    I'm not sure about this "3d" thing in SA and the last two games - Rockstar North, go back to the old-style! Oh, and while you're at it change your name back to DMA! Go DMA!

I think going 3D was the best thing that happened to the series, god i hated the top-down view. DMA, Rockstar, who gives a $hit what they wanna be called.
    I hope they don't change the control system for SA, it was almost perfect in VC, hope they dont copy Driver 3 in that department!! Then again i hope they don't copy Driver 3 in any department!! God that game was a big dissapointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Yeah driv3r is crap they could have done so much with it. I only started playing it bout two weeks ago and after ten mins i absolutely hated it. But i have kept playing it just so when San Andreas plonks itself in my ps2 for the next year i will feel how superior it really is. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I think going 3D was the best thing that happened to the series, god i hated the top-down view. DMA, Rockstar, who gives a $hit what they wanna be called.
    QUOTE]

Oh good lord.

Anyway I'd like to see far more consistency with the in game objects-as people have mentioned its incredibly frustrating.I think the weight,tatoos etc element is pretty cool-I dont just want an expansion pack to VC.I also like the sound of the ragdoll physics Rockstar seem to be concentrating far more on making the game a little more "real world".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Slunk wrote:
    Heres a link to a site with the full list of features that will be in the new GTA game.Some of them are pretty good.
    http://fivestarstuff.com/list.htm

That's some list.

It certainly looks like a game which will deliver almost unprecedented value for money, though obviously that's something which cannot be judged prior to playing it.

Slunk wrote:
    Heres a link to a site with the full list of features that will be in the new GTA game.Some of them are pretty good.
    http://fivestarstuff.com/list.htm

wow thats some list, proof that SA will be Absolutly Brilliant!!!
    You can rob houses and sell the TV/VCR you stole to buyers!!! How cool is that?!!!
    thanks for that link slunk.

Advertisement