Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty tricks in the US election

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'm disappointed with the NY Times transcript of the debate, they edited out all of Dubya's ums and ahhs. Very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

I'm disappointed with the NY Times transcript of the debate, they edited out all of Dubya's ums and ahhs. Very poor.
    Yes, and his "dramatic pauses" too, the awkward silences where the imps in his brain tried to work out which desperate cliche to send out the chute next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

My god, it was like watchinga sketch from teh fast show at times.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What's the theme of the next debate? The economy? I assume it'll get less viewers than the first one. I can imagine Bush trying to shift the topic already:

How do you propose to alleviate the current slow economic growth and the large unemployment growth in your term as president?

Bush: Americans are the economy and the economy it is.. Americans. For our economy to succeed we must believe in ourselves as Americans and we must believe in our economy. And in order to believe in America, we must feel safe. We must be free from threats of terror abroad and that is why I'm focusing my economic policies on the war on terror - because how can we have a safe, thriving economy if the American people.. if the American people are living in fear?

... Why do I see that as being the sort of answer he might try to give...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

ixoy wrote:

How do you propose to alleviate the current slow economic growth and the large unemployment growth in your term as president?

Bush: Americans are the economy and the economy it is.. Americans. For our economy to succeed we must believe in ourselves as Americans and we must believe in our economy. And in order to believe in America, we must feel safe. We must be free from threats of terror abroad and that is why I'm focusing my economic policies on the war on terror - because how can we have a safe, thriving economy if the American people.. if the American people are living in fear?

You should mail that to the Bush campaign, they may just use it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

mycroft wrote:
    I'm about this close to finding a deep dark hole in cavan and crawling into it with a case of beans and three cases of whiskey, wake me in 2008

Good lord man....

don't lose the run of yourself here....

three cases of whiskey won't even get you through a month in a cavern, let alone 4 years.

Or so I've heard...

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

We must also not forget that the Democrats are not immune to dirty tricks. They are trying their damnedest to get Nader off the ballot in Florida, Nevada and other close states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

FatherTed wrote:
    We must also not forget that the Democrats are not immune to dirty tricks. They are trying their damnedest to get Nader off the ballot in Florida, Nevada and other close states.

As well as (along with the Repubs) to use their monoply status on in the CPD to keep Nader et al out of the debates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

bonkey wrote:
    Good lord man....

don't lose the run of yourself here....

three cases of whiskey won't even get you through a month in a cavern, let alone 4 years.

Or so I've heard...

jc

Actually I said cavan not cavern.

Easy mistake to make though both are dank wet miserable places not fit for man to live in........ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement