Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Quiet these days

Options
  • 28-09-2004 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice that over the last week or so Navan seems to be very quiet every nite! have checked most nites and usually noone on or 1-2 at the most......just wondering if everyone aint playin on Navan where else is gud servers? usually I just pick one from ASE if Navan quiet! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Navan has been odly quiet. Mostly I put this to collage and school starting back. Many of the people who would be on all night now have things to get up and do in the mornings. If you can get a handful of people on the server more are bound to join.

At the moment with clanbase cups a lot of teams are busy, there is probably a dip in the number of players on servers are they are busy for practice and matches.

You can usually find the TiG lads on either the TiG server [see http://servers.clan-tig.org.uk for stats/info] or some of the popular UK servers. If you join the TiG IRC channel and ask one of the lads there you might find a match going somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Haven't been online playing BF/DC/BFV for ages now, but should be getting BB soon (oooh fingers crossed!) so I may start appearing on Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Whats your screen name koneko? Don't recall ever seeing you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I haven't been playing bf or bfv in ages now!
    just dont ahve the time anymore

Actually, I think I probably haven't played on Navan, played DC online mainly (so that would have been Combat Cavan at the time I think)?

It would have been either koneko, psychokitten or saikokitten. Can't remember the last time though, must have been ages ago. Busy bee, and playing on ISDN is too much effort/money. GO BB!
    Actually now I've mentioned my other online nick, the_syco will probably remember having played against me (at the cafe) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Big Nelly wrote:
    just wondering if everyone aint playin on Navan where else is gud servers? usually I just pick one from ASE if Navan quiet! :D

Nelly, try The Irish Guard server, if no-ones on Navan, otherwise the EAUK servers are fun, or {SaS] [Evo] clan servers can be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

As of 11.45 this morning I now have broadband at home (skived off from work to set it up). All I need now is peace and quiet in the late evenings and I will finally be able to get back to battlefield. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

C Fodder wrote:
    As of 11.45 this morning I now have broadband at home (skived off from work to set it up). All I need now is peace and quiet in the late evenings and I will finally be able to get back to battlefield. :D

See ya online later tonite so! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

koneko wrote:
    Actually, I think I probably haven't played on Navan, played DC online mainly (so that would have been Combat Cavan at the time I think)?

It would have been either koneko, psychokitten or saikokitten. Can't remember the last time though, must have been ages ago. Busy bee, and playing on ISDN is too much effort/money. GO BB!
    Actually now I've mentioned my other online nick, the_syco will probably remember having played against me (at the cafe) :)
    If you know me, you'll know names aren't my thing, but you sound fimilair, I think. Anyoo's wlecome; if you want any of the patches (some are a few hundred MB's), I can burn them on a CD for ye, or whatever.

=====

As for people not being online as much, as somebody said, its due to college. Some are away from their PC's/internet cafe's, and some are just busy with college work, etc. By Ocober, it'll be busy'ish again, as everyone will have settled down, hopefully.

Well I woulda been the only girl playing in the cafe (Mila) those times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

C Fodder wrote:
    its like christmas coming early getting BB :)! I still have fond memories of when i got BB :) /me sheds a tear

RE: navan. Yeha i ahve noticed it being pretty empty recently. Us TiGer's would be on the TiG server most night or else off on some EAUK server raping n00bies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Well I hope to be on later but now that I've got bb I also have two kids toddler and baby so all forms of social interaction outside of work are controlled by them. If both in bed and settled before the witching hour and her indoors doesn't want the net for high speed surfing I shall see you all online (and probably get slaughtered as I'm so out of practise).

Should be just like the first time I fired up the old 14.4k and netscape (only at weekends trunk rate calls were a bitch for surfing).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

C Fodder wrote:
    I also have two kids toddler and baby so all forms of social interaction outside of work are controlled by them.
    You'd be surprised by how many are in the same situation (no, not me; other people).

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Yeah, what's happened? i've had a few really good games but there rarely seems to be more than one or two players these days. and it gets kinda boring with one-on-one after a while.

AKA Rev. Smarm

Lucutus wrote:
    Nelly, try The Irish Guard server, if no-ones on Navan, otherwise the EAUK servers are fun, or {SaS] [Evo] clan servers can be good.

NRG welcome? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Big Nelly wrote:
    NRG welcome? :D
    Mostly.

Mostly.

haha! I will be gud! promise! :D

My mammy says I am a little angel anyway!! not wit a sniper rifle mind you! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

well i have to say ive always been made welcome on tigs server :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Navan sucks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭General Valdez

koneko wrote:
    Well I woulda been the only girl playing in the cafe (Mila) those times!

I didnt even know you could play bf in (Mila) net cafe. is that the one in leixlip that your on about?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I dunno if they still do tbh, but we had a few games nights there way back when.

Do You Play BFV? I own A Internet cafe in dulbin, and leader of Clan NRG. www.clannrg.com We Mostly play BFV. If Your ever getting on let me know PM Me or post it on clan NRG forums. i didnt know girls played this game, Thats awsome.

Didn't get into BFV as much, I'm getting BB soon so I may pick it up though.

I'm sure there's plenty of other girls playing online, you wouldn't know really, a lot use non-descript nicks (to avoid hassle, and to be treated like everyone else).

koneko wrote:
    Didn't get into BFV as much, I'm getting BB soon so I may pick it up though.

I'm sure there's plenty of other girls playing online, you wouldn't know really, a lot use non-descript nicks (to avoid hassle, and to be treated like everyone else).

You saying we are all male pigs on BFV??? haha!! wud be better laugh if more girls where online!!

Can You Play Now? And Vietnam Is Why Better Then bf1942, If You have Msn Add my email is anyv84@hotmail.com and if you do decide to play just IM Me. And Also If You can register on nrg forums.only if you want 2.

Can You Play Now? And Vietnam Is Why Better Then bf1942, If You have Msn Add my email is anyv84@hotmail.com and if you do decide to play just IM Me. And Also If You can register on nrg forums.only if you want 2.

Wat server u on Val? will be online in 15 for a bit of a battle! :D

I pretty much still prefer DC to BFV (not original 1942 mind). I don't get online to play much at the moment so that'd be a no, but maybe once I have BB in I'll give BFV a go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Stop pimping.

Glad you enjoy BF koneko, I know a few girls who enjoy it aswell here so your not alone. dont worry. ;)

Aye
    It's not that unusual like. Wish I hadn't said anything now :eek:

• Advertisement

Winters wrote:
    Stop pimping.

You Make Me Laugh. You Know Girls That Play BFV? Like Who? any on navan?

Advertisement