Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most hated footballer

• 28-09-2004 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Who is your most hated footballer? They dont have to be premiership players but any player in general. Why do you hate them? What you like to happen to them?

My most hated is Gary Neville. :mad:

The bum fluff on his upper lip, His constant media whoring and finally the time three seasons ago when united beat liverpool and he sank to his knees and started praising the heavens. roar.

So, what about you?

(Inspired by the mere mention of his name in the 'Kewell' thread.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Lee Bowyer or Alan Smith would be a close one for me. Not to do with who they play for or whom they played for.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Rivaldo after that thing in the world cup whenever that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

gotta be alan shearer, he got away with soo much especially when he was still playing for england, dont get me wrong he's probably up there with the best strikers ever in england but some of the tackles he got away with!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Deco for his constant whingeing and diving despite his skill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

ManU: Gary would have to be up there, but at least he’s given me plenty of laughs, so Van Nistlerooy takes the top spot. A pr1ck of the highest order.
    Arsenal: Has to be Bergkamp because of the number of sly cowardly fouls he makes.
    Liverpool: Jerzy Dudek, because he’s sh!te.
    Chelsea: Arjen Robben. Overhyped overrated whinger.
    Newcastle: Laurent Robert, because of his moany looking face.
    Spurs: Jermaine Defoe, little arrogant w…..
    Ireland: Matt Holland, because he shirks responsiblity on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Robbie Savage, because he's a not my [Edit]favourite[/Edit].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Roy Keane no explaiation needed ;)

Surprised he hasn't featured already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Vlad "The Inhaler" Smicer, cause hes ****e.
    Danny Mills, cause hes a nasty little twat.
    Gary Neville, cause hes a mouthy **** whos not as good as he thinks he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

patrick veira - thinks he's a hard man then cry's when he gets sent off the bitch!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

1) He's not playing anymore - at least I don't think he is: Denis Wise. He was a dirty, sly, antagonistic little nob-jockey.

2) And Danny Mills I will always have a spot for. A chav of the highest order.

3) Lauren seems to annoy me too, don't really know why.

4) Last but by no means least - Michael Owen. I have this urge to put my fist though the TV whenever he's on it. :mad:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

now, now ardent, think of all he has done for us...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Lineker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Every football player in the World except for those that play for Ireland or Shef Wed.......sorry but can only narrow it down that far :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

You're right midget lord. Still, can't help the the feeling of satisfaction with him not getting a game at Madrid.

Absolutely ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

1.Gary Neville , never really liked the guy but his little whinge(after diving) then headbutt against Man City was deserving of several oscars .

2.Deco , diving little piece o...............(I think yee know the rest)

3.Arjen Robben , diving little...................wait what does this remind me of ? ;).

Infact I just hate divers .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Craig Bellamy, he's a little shìt. I remember a few years ago Newcastle got knocked out of the cup by a lower division side. He walked off the pitch pointing at the Premiership on his badge, smark little fùcker. Not to mention him being in court for an alleged racist abuse.

Thinking about it, you could throw half the Newcastle squad in there too. Robert - the lazest bastard to ever take to a football field. Dyer - arrogant shìt who thinks he can tell one of the greatest managers in English football where he wants to play. Bowyer - no explanation needed.

From my own club Villa has to Lee Hendrie. Still looks about ten and pastes on fake tan before a match. Was in the papers recently for doing the dirt on his wife with a 19 year old less than a month after getting married.

Denis Wise is still playing, scored for Millwall last week I think.

Have to agree with the Bellamy thing, he is a little bastard, as long as he keeps scoring I don't mind :) As for Robert, yes he is incredibly lazy, but Harry Kewell will outdo him on his day, what is it about these left wingers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Dennis Wise - for the already stated reasons.
    Nicky Butt - Had the misfortune to meet him in zanzibr a few years ago, ignorant ****
    Paul Ince - Ever since he scored in the last minute the in Anfield against united and ran to the crowd kissing the Liverpool badge :)
    Justin Edinburgh - I don't know where he is these days, but I detested him for some strange reason when he played for Spurs.
    Alan Shearer - For the murder he used to get away with and for the most boring celebration in football when he scores.
    David Beckham - Too many reasons to list
    Gary Neville - For the reasons stated by everyone.
    Lee Boyer - Just a pure mercinary scumbag

I think that will do for now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Kevin Muscat - he's scum
    Every single Ipswich player - all scum and add to that all Wolves players except Kevin Cooper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

robbie savage

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

FINALLY I get to say this - Freddie Ljunberg! My God how I despise that arrogant little twat! Pity Mellberg didnt beat the snot out of him that time in the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I absolutely hated Keown, I also hate Shearer and Pires

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ruud Horseface
    Roy Keane
    Diego Forlan :)
    Gary Neville

Danny Mills

Lauren

Duncan Ferguson

Gary Naysmith

Ryan Giggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Mostly because of arrogance but there are other reasons too:

Joe Cole

Thierry Henry

Nicholas Anelka

JF Hasselbaink

David Beckham

Hakan Hakin

Fernando Ricksen

Alex Rae

Cristian Vieri

Luis Figo

Mihailovic (sp?)

Couto

I'm sure there's more. ;)

Oh god I forgot about Hasselbaink, he is one of the whingiest twats ever. Cheating ****. And Sinisa Mihailovic, great free kick taker, but otherwise an odious racist :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Ian Wright, grinning, jumped-up little prat who never shuts up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

talla wrote:
    Justin Edinburgh - I don't know where he is these days, but I detested him for some strange reason when he played for Spurs.

Probably because he was a toe-rag. Went to Pompey, had to retire due to injuries.

My vote goes to Robbie Savage. If I was a professional footballer I would end his career with a disgraceful tackle. It would be worth the suspension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Francis Jeffers.
    Robbie Savage
    Lee Bowyer
    Rivaldo for that feigned injury.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Gary Neville.

God he's just one of those pure English w*nkers everyone just loves to hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Roy Keane. Never liked him before Saipan, despised him afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Muscat - Without a doubt one of the dirtiest players ever.
    Mihailavic - Dont need to say anything else.
    Bellamy - Pure thug.

I have to say I like Robbie Savage, yes he is tough and competitive, and is great at winding people up. But he is not out and out dirty like some other players, he knows where to draw the line. Thats why he was never sent off before the NI game. And he shouldnt have even gone for that IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Toto Scillacci, need I say more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Tony O'Dowd (scumbag who applauds crowd violence)
    Paul Gascoigne (flute-playing, wife-beating thicko)*
    Robbie Doyle (handing in transfer request a day before Bohs-Rovers game)
    Vinnie Perth (tried to fight with Bohs fans after game last Friday)
    Alan Reynolds (bit Glen Crowe in the arm [which necessitated tetnis injection, deservedly got a brick through his windscreen [toungue -> cheek] )

Some good reasons in this thread, but also plenty of muppets just listing off players who've put in a couple of bad tackles or blown their own trumpet a couple of times.

I mean, is it Arjen Robben's fault he is over-hyped and over-rated, even though he hasn't played a single Premiership game?

*I'm not even a Celtic fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

is it Arjen Robben's fault he is over-hyped and over-rated?
    Its also not his fault that he may take Damien Duff's place, but its a good reason to dislike him! But he also proved in the Euros that he's a diving whinger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thierry Henry... arrogant tosser who throws his toys out of his pram whenever he doesn't get his own way on the pitch... never forget him sulking in the box one time coz one of the team didn't lay it off for him, instead choosing to have a shot himself.

My vote goes to Robbie Savage. If I was a professional footballer I would end his career with a disgraceful tackle.

You really do hate him dont you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Barry Ferguson. Longford Town. Scumbag.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

England:
    Henry (smug wanker, cries like a little baby when things don't go his way)
    Fowler (scouse twat)
    McManaman (scouse twat)
    McAteer (wanker, going bald)
    Ashley Cole (wanker, diver and scumbag)
    Ince (jealous of what his old club was about to achieve, so he goes mental when scoring the equaliser against us in his cup final. United went on to win the treble :D )
    Shearer (Greedy bastard, turned down United for a side that he said would be guaranteed to be in the champions league every season, BS)

On the continent
    Totti (scumbag)
    Hakan Yakin (arrogant scumbag, thinks he is the best player in Europe)
    Frei (scumbag)
    Effenberg (arrogant wanker)
    Julio Cruz (scumbag)
    Igor Korneev (scumbag that tried to break Denis Irwin's leg)

Bastards the lot of em

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Alan Smith cause he is an F-ING JUDAS[/SIZE]

• Advertisement

You really do hate him dont you :D

Unfortunately yes. Whats worse is he's a pretty good footballer, he's just a sly sh*t under it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Mark Lawrenson .... for being the ultimate Ireland mercenary.
    1) To this day he persists in calling us 'Eire'.
    2) In one of Niall Quinns first games for Arsenal (v Liverpool) around 1985 Lawrenson was marking Quinner and repeatedly called him a 'fenian bastard' throughout in order to put him off. Strange logic considering 'Lawro' had been 'one of us' for nearly a decade at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Mark Lawrenson .... for being the ultimate Ireland mercenary
    1) He still refers to us as 'Eire'
    2) Whilst playing for Liverpool he called Niall Quinn a 'fenian bastard' when he was marking him in one of Quinners early games for Arsenal in order to put him off his game.

you hate him so much you need to tell us twice ;) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

you hate him so much you need to tell us twice ;) ?
    I don't think it was Pigman. therecklessone also had 2 posts posted and one has vanished. At that time Pigman had only 1 post posted. :eek: :confused:

[twilight zone] do do do do, do do do do [/twilight zone]

Board was acting up, my first post didn't appear until my second one, if that makes any sense. So I deleted one.

Advertisement