Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partypoker questions

Options
  • 28-09-2004 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Do many people use this?

I have some questions: Just opened an account during the week (after getting an invite from a friend, he wants a free €50) and have played most nights. Mainly playing the €5 SnG No-Limit Hold 'Em tables and have made a little money here. How painfree/speedy is getting a payout from this site? The fact that I had to input my address in a rather unconventional fashion (it being an American site I assume) put me off a little, could imagine my check going astray. Also, how much does the play improve at more expensive tables - is it measurably different playing at the $10 SnGs or €10 tournaments over the €5 equivalents?
    Lastly, anyone used to play this and have moved to a different site? Any chance you could let me know of the reasons for the move?
    Thanks all who read :) Hopefully I can learn enough over the next few months to play in person in the Merrion or Fitz and lose everything I make online :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The address does look odd alright, but I have not had a problem receiving cheques, it does take the best part of three weeks on average, though.

There's basically no difference in standard of play between the $5 and the $10 sit n gos, however the $1 reg fee charged on the $5 games makes it very uneconomical to play them, move to the $10 games as soon as you can.

In limit ring games, the standard is abysmal at .5/1, gets a bit tougher and far more aggressive at 1/2, and then drops sharply again at 2/4. 2/4 is probably the best level to play if you have the bankroll, if not, play a couple of tables of .5/1 to practice and build up.

Get PokerTracker, it's indispensable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Thanks for the great reply - can I bother you with another question?
    Is there much work involved with PokerTracker, as I have no idea how it works? Though definitely can see the benefit to a proper analysis of my play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

never play the $5stts youre being charged 20% whereas its only 10% on the rest of the tournies, its like the merrion who charge 12 euro for a 10euro stt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Very little work, the latest version automatically imports the hand histories that Party now stores on your hard drive so it's simply a matter of setting it up right and then sitting back.

It takes a while to get used to going through pages of stats, the program looks dry as hell at first but there are some real gems of info in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

PokerTracker seems a little short of practical use documentation too. Everyone seems to recommend it, but there doesn't seem to be much to guide one on how to go about taking best advantage of all the features.

• Advertisement
Advertisement