Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you guys say...

• 28-09-2004 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

...are the most commonly forgotten items for people moving into Trinity Halls?

I've successfully remembered the can opener, toliet roll and alarm clock but I know there's probably really obvious things that I've totally forgotten about....

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i'd say your stressing out too much to be packing this early at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

SkyLynx wrote:
    i'd say your stressing out too much to be packing this early at all...
    Ah.

3 days doesn't give me that long though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

you don't need a can opener silly. :cool:
    There should be one in the communal kitchen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Is there a fridge or cooler of any kind in the kitchen?

This is the sort of intelligent planning that keeps me from drinking sour milk, you see :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Damnit...there was some link some weeks ago to a site that had a full list of all the possible things you need..it shouldn't be hard to find on google though, it had reviews and opinions of all the uni's in the UK (and some here)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Maoltuile

Haunter wrote:
    ...are the most commonly forgotten items for people moving into Trinity Halls?

I've successfully remembered the can opener, toliet roll and alarm clock but I know there's probably really obvious things that I've totally forgotten about....

Cheers

LOL, are you going on Camp with the FCA to the wilds of nowhere, or just moving into an urban campus? ;-)

(If you *were* doing the former, the correct answer of course would be "razor, soap, boot polish, bog roll, scouring pad, locks, eating utensils, sleeping bag". Alarm calls already guaranteed on time, no need for a clock ;-)

Maoltuile wrote:
    LOL, are you going on Camp with the FCA to the wilds of nowhere, or just moving into an urban campus? ;-)
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I'm walking down. (from Derry) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i've seen the communal kitchens in trinity hall, they are very impressive. the even had a digital toaster. all the stuff was brand new last year and were well kitted out. in terms of practical stuff, don't forget anything you don't bring you can buy here. although, i know ppl who move around a lot hate to be buying the same things twice. i would probably try to remind you to bring any pesonal stuff you just can't live without (security blanket,cds,ipod,teddy bear,signed madonna tshirts).i would also recommend you bring stuff like posters etc. that you may have acquired before to personalise your room if ur in to that type of thing

i would also recommend you bring stuff like posters etc. that you may have acquired before to personalise your room if ur in to that type of thing

Although there's nothing better than that "wallpaper of posters" effect to give your dorm room a nice prisony feeling. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1166341

18 pages of excellent, excellent information for freshers. I believe the forums are public for the moment.

• Advertisement

• Hey, I'm an organized loser who packs too early as well. I have about 4 bags of stuff sitting here and I'm only half finished. The only things provided by Trinity Hall are the microwave and toaster. You need to bring everything else, like washing up liquid, cloth, tea towel, can opener, wooden spoon, knife/fork, plate, mugs etc yourself. Either that or assume the others in your apartment will bring them, and scab off them.

Well you've remembered the toilet roll, that's v important, also you might wanna bring toilet duck or something to clean the bathroom with if you're at all smell conscious. I would bring washing powder as well, unless you're intending to go home every weekend or don't mind smelling like BO. You probably know you need sheets, towels etc, that stuff isn't provided.

nuts i packed the day i left to goto goldsmith last yr............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The only things provided by Trinity Hall are the microwave and toaster.

So that's beans on toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

well they also provide oven's n all dat other crap, and compared to campus accodmation its like the ritz over there....

SkyLynx wrote:
    oven's
    erm...yes...so still just the beans and toast then, punctuatued by the odd Pot Noodle...
    Hey, I'm an organized loser who packs too early as well. I have about 4 bags of stuff sitting here and I'm only half finished. The only things provided by Trinity Hall are the microwave and toaster. You need to bring everything else, like washing up liquid, cloth, tea towel, can opener, wooden spoon, knife/fork, plate, mugs etc yourself. Either that or assume the others in your apartment will bring them, and scab off them.

Well you've remembered the toilet roll, that's v important, also you might wanna bring toilet duck or something to clean the bathroom with if you're at all smell conscious. I would bring washing powder as well, unless you're intending to go home every weekend or don't mind smelling like BO. You probably know you need sheets, towels etc, that stuff isn't provided.

Hey, I had everything packed that you said there. Minus the toliet duck and the washing powder obviously. The day I have to use one of those is the day I loose an important part of myself.

I packed 'em though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

fairy liquid?

meh learn to cook :)

and iron.... properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

i have like a week to learn how to cook before i move up to dub....i dont think i left myself enough time to learn! ah well, i guess itll just be a crappy diet for me this year :confused: (im usually really healthy so its a big thing for me!)

SkyLynx wrote:
    meh learn to cook :)
    Sorry, you put a 'h' on that first word by accident; luckily I noticed.
    Anyway, now I know, sure you can come over and help cook for me then. :p

• Advertisement

Haunter wrote:
    Sorry, you put a 'h' on that first word by accident; luckily I noticed.
    Anyway, now I know, sure you can come over and help cook for me then. :p
    I'm a good cook...when I can be arsed.

Which is very rarely.

I cant cook anything at all, lol really i mean nothing. thank god i dont hav 2 move out id probably starve 2 death :S

oh wait i can make a baked potato in the microwave, does that count? ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i doubt it...

mobile phone charger?

aw! that was my one thing!! :(

oh batteries? but u can buy those here anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Don't for get your Blanket (if your a guy....actually if you're a girl too for that matter). I'd be very surprised if they provided them for you and after all, there's no subsititute for your own Blanket...

<edit> Boo, moderators spoiling my good advice <edit>
    Bring your Wanket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Don't you need your own pillows etc for trin hall?

youve to bring pretty much everything then dont you? what DO they give you -a mattress?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Chick wrote:
    what DO they give you -a mattress?!

What do you think Halls are? The Ritz?

surely there is matresses there, thats going a bit far. Certainly is matresses in on campus accodmation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement