Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World on fire

Options
  • 28-09-2004 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I thought this might be a wee bit of a stretch for the charter for the politics forum, but I ran it past bonkey and he's inclined to allow it. I'm posting it as: one, it's the most feel-good piece of footage I've seen in quite a while, and two, it's the most laudable thing I've seen coming from stateside in a while. (Yes, I know, Canada's not the US. But Sarah often gets seen as american for some wierd reason).

Plus, Sarah McLachlan's just a class act.

http://www.worldonfire.ca/

It is a large download (~10Mb) but worth it. The executive summary: Sarah shot a video for World on Fire, one of her latest songs. The total cost for doing that is normally about $150,000 for a one-day shoot. Everyone did it for free, total cost of the video was $15. The rest went to charities all round the globe doing a great deal of good, both for the people involved and as a side effect, for the US image abroad as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭uaobrien

Normally I would babble on about personal music tastes etc. but in this case let me put all that aside and say OUTSTANDING!!!

Not that she needs my approval but that was definitely putting her money where her mouth is - literally, considering her profession.

Also, commendations to Sparky (oops I meant 's', my finger slipped) on bringing such an admirable gesture to our collective attentions.

Definitely outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Producers have to eat too! Won't anyone think of the poor record producers this christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Fair play, good message well communicated

Advertisement