Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

code to dial to tell you your provider

Options
  • 28-09-2004 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

hi,

anyone know what that code is to dial on your landline to find out who is currently providing your phone calls?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Never heard of this.

If you dial 199000 you will be told 'your' number or the previous number on that line if the line has been ceased with soft dial tone , handy if you rent a gaff and want to know if the previous person passed for BB on the line as their number will be in the line test database while any new number you get issued will not be in the database . Also handy for saving yourself excessive connection fees from Eircom as there is a line with dialtone and with the number you can prove it and even dial 1901

If you have dialtone and dial 199000 and get nothing you are probably not on Eircom any more .

Your code sounds like a 'who is' is my CPS or WLR carrier code , while it makes sense I never knew there was one .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

Muck wrote:
    Never heard of this.

If you dial 199000 you will be told 'your' number or the previous number on that line if the line has been ceased with soft dial tone , handy if you rent a gaff and want to know if the previous person passed for BB on the line as their number will be in the line test database while any new number you get issued will not be in the database . Also handy for saving yourself excessive connection fees from Eircom as there is a line with dialtone and with the number you can prove it and even dial 1901

If you have dialtone and dial 199000 and get nothing you are probably not on Eircom any more .

Your code sounds like a 'who is' is my CPS or WLR carrier code , while it makes sense I never knew there was one .

no there is, its a 4 digit (if i remember right), i totally forget the number..

its just comes on and says, your calls are being provided by EIRCOM etc..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Good old 199xxx's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

Tazzle wrote:

ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Tazzle wrote:

Ah back in those 56k days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

just in case anyone was wondering... found the answer to this... code is 19822...

pretty handy

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

19822 only seems to work if you are with eircom- I am with UTV and when I dial the code all I get is an engaged tone. But when I use the eircom cps code firstly then I get a message that the call is provided by Eircom.

Advertisement