Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your Driving tally??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You're all fscking murderers!!! :eek:

Honestly though, ive powersprayed a good 1000 flies from my grille... if that counts :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

if anyone has actual proof they at anytime drove over a walrus ill give em a prize :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I spent a night (a bloody cold winter night too) in the Wicklow mountains after getting the car stuck in a ditch avoiding a deer.

I killed the dog of one of my friend's neighbours. Stupid dog used to chase cars and anything else that passed by the house. After years of chasing cars the animal finally caught one, mine.

That and the obligatory hedgerow birds. A few rats as well, always try to get them when the run out in front of the car, horrible things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭seaghdhas

I was once going down the N8 between Cashel and Mitchelstown, I came onto a straight and there was 4/5 crows 300/400 yards down along directly in my path. All but one hopped off to the side. The last one stood there and stared with one beady eye. I was thinking, any second now he's going to do something. At the last split second, he spread his wings, got half a foot off the ground, and splat! Darwinism functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Have taken down a crow and a rabbit, and possibly other small creatures. Didn't give a damn about the crow, but did feel a bit weirded out by the rabbit.

Also had a near miss with a cow which ended up with the cow surviving and me turning the car on it's side and writing it off :eek: Hitting the cow would have been equally bad though - 600kg of beef coming through the windscreen would not be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

Yeah rabbits go crunch birds bo splat.Once took a bird out at high speed little fu*ker took a lump out of my grille was worth it left a cloud of feathers lol.TBH foxes seem to be the most commen roadkill on the n11.Nearly killed a few of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

dont beleive it, ive gotten negative rap for this informative topic :) with comments to the effect of "naughty, bad bad man and cruelty to animals". I live in rural Kerry where its as agent Smith would say "inevitable" that u hit an animal eventually and for the 2 rabbits and 1 pheasant (ahem... and the suicidal dog i gave a headache to) I have gone out of my way to miss countless others.... and cruelty to animals????? whoever said that come on... cruelty to an animal would be to pin it to the ground then starting from the bottom up drive slowly over its legs, then lower body then upper body (all the while making sure its still alive) then turning its head to face the wheel (so it sees it coming) and crawl over it till crunch (dont attempt this with a cow unless u have a tractor... a big tractor).... that would be cruelty to an animal. lol....

EDIT: just read the rep thread on the after hours section.... I was under the impression that a person with a certain amount of neg rep points gets banned... but its cool now cos i was worried about being banned.... i dont mind ppl giving me neg rep points if it means i wont be banned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Ha Ha, I got neg rep for this thread too, with a comment of "rats are nice"

LOL

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I wouldn't really worry. I got negative rep for making a comment about the idiot who got caught driving an uninsured car without having a drivers licence.
    The comment left was:- "couldn't resist the righteous indignation although he expressly requested only informative replies - pickarooney" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Aflying rat, i mean pidgeon hit my helmet the other day, hopefully he didnt get back up.
    Aside from that, misc. bugs and a few lizards and frogs in thailand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement