Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour change

Options
  • 28-09-2004 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi Guys!

I have had a tattoo on my shoulder for the last 5 years and I love it, but when i had it done, the outline was dark blue, but it has gone black. It did this a few months after I got it and I never saw it as a problem but now I just thought i would ask if this is normal, or if theres something wrong with it.

What do you think?

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

It's hard for anyone to say we dont know what exposure you had to sunbeds or any sort of uv but if you looked after your skin really well I wouldnt think it should fade that quickly.

Only other suggestion the guy might have used tesco ink.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Whats tesco ink?
    like indian ink or something, or some cheap ink?

Well yeah but it was more of a joke than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Thanks for the reply. My shoulder wouldn't have been exposed to the sun at all as i cover up the whole time, and i never use sun beds or anything..

I went to a good tattoo place as well (they won some european award for tattooist of the year at the time) but they never really gave me any info on aftercare which was strange and i never realised at the time that i would have to put savlon or anything on it.

The other weird thing is that it doens't look faded or anything. The other colours are as bright as they always were, it just the the blue looks more black now.....

:confused:

Applying savlon and making sure the scab naturally falls off is quite important, I wouldnt worry about it too much dark blue isnt too far from black and as you said the other colours are fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement