Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on M:I2?

• 09-07-2000 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

no bard u are being waaaaaay too kind

te action was good yes but it was as if te wole movie was done in slow-mo wic looked crap

it twas overdone ya know frown.gif

very funy movie to' is wort a look i luaged all te way troug especially at te day-lewis / stowe rip off ee

I will Find u

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Very John Woo, even got the doves in as usual. Thandie Newton may look good but has no talent and her character is deeply irritating. Dougray Scott was the limpest villain in yonks, film was crying out for a decent baddie. Where's Alan Rickman when you need him?

Wonderful action, esp the motorbike mayhem at the end. Yeh script was naff and plot full of holes, but who goes to see a film like this for a well-woven plot?? Check it out on the biggest screen you can find it on - worth seeing.

I still prefer any of Woo's Hong Kong films tho, and Face/Off smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Script: sh|te. Parts stolen blatantly from other movies. (Remember Last of the Mohicans?...: "You stay alive no matter what happens... I WILL find you"... followed by a jump into a raging waterfall... M:I2?...: "You stay alive no matter what... I WILL NOT lose you!"... followed by a jump out a hole in a building wall.... coincidence? Not likely...)

Story: rehashed, overcooked, overdone, done before ... SO many times.

Action: Fantastic.

Stunts: Superb.

'Corniness': Extreme.

Plot-holes: Innumerable.

Overall: Extreme and over-the-top head rush, an awful script & plot just about made up for by it being the ultimate action movie. Check your brain at the door, 'cos this is pure John Woo.

(FINE LOOKING WOMAN in it too... *pant* *pant* *drool* *slobber*)

A fair assessment?

Bard

|home page|scary éire

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Every fight scene was a Matrix rip-off. Someone said to me that it also copied loads from fighting games alá Tekken and SF 2. Thinking about it, it did, but what the hey smile.gif

It's a total "leave your brain at the door and watch for the explosions and fights" film - typical guy action flick I suppose!

And... what was up with Sir Anthony's character??? He seemed like a real evil fluffer (or was it just me?).

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 10-07-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

hmmm. Started off OK. Then it dragged badly like a kangaroo strapped to the bonnet of a fast car, and only really got going at the end. But boy did it get going. I expected more, but i got OK. Not bad, and Thandie Newton is utterly beautiful. Can't believe that Dougray Scott was going to play Wolverine though..

Say hello to my little friend !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ah, I was mildly impressed by action sequences, some of it just went too far beyond "suspension of disbelief" - i.e. standing on motorbike, jumping around like a rabbit who's watched Matrix too many time when fighting, err the rock-climbing scenes (great scenery there though!!)

Not worth the £5.70 I'd have to say, but it was alright - kids will love it. I should have gone to see Gladiator again (yeah for the 3rd time). smile.gif

Al.

• Advertisement
Advertisement