Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is story with cash games in Fitz

Options
  • 28-09-2004 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

What is story with cash games in Fitz

How much you need to get in to a game?

Can any1 play?

what games played?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

50 euro minimum buyin its a round of holdem followed by a round of omaha, its a fairly tough game and most people sit in with at least 100 euro. to get in just put your name on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Be afraid also. Very afraid.

If you sit down with €50 expect to have to put the guts of it behind the first good draw you get or to put most of it in as protection for the first good flop you hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

If you're a decent player (especially at Omaha) then you should be able to make money off the cash tables, there's some real gamblers playing. The only thing to note is that they probably have much much deeper pockets than you so be prepared to lose all your chips in one hand and have to go into your pocket again.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've been playing them lately (with mottled success).

Its poker for the big boys in a sense. While I started on Tournies and still love them, the cash games are where big money will change hands and fortunes can be made or lost.

My advice (and remember I've only just started playing them) would be to take 500 notes aside and ear mark it "LOST". Then go in with 50-200 a sitting and play. dont worry if they know you are new etc, you're there to learn not win (though that would be nice too!)

Beware of Omaha. While most of the money I've made has been in Omaha, most of my losses have been as a result of that bl**dy game too! :)

Know the players. You need to build a profile on each player. Thats hard because you have to play against them to do that and there is a lot less voluntary showing of hands around a cash game. You pay to see.
    You might find that that hoary aul fella in the corner is a rock who bets with the nuts or that chinese guy bets everything regardless... but you need to make sure you dont mix them up :)

Also, if you do slow play something or you pull off a big bluff you might think about showing it to let them know that newbie has at least some teeth!

Its certainly exciting to play but its quite hard on the pocket from time to time! :)

DeV.

The big advantage of being new to the game is they will call you down when you have the nuts bvecause theyre building a profile on you, so if you go into the main game dont try anything too fancy and you should get paid off,

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've also found that setting myself a target (either time or money) of when to get out is important. I will leave after losing 50 notes or when I've won 200 unless I'm planning a long night (like this weekend coming over in the Gutshot).

You should do this too as otherwise you'll find that you will only borrow their money before paying it back with interest :)
    At times "If you're up, get up" is sensible advice.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I would guess that it wouldn't be good poker etiquette to leave just after winning a large pot right? Is there a rule about announcing your retirement from the game?

very bad etiquette, its done but not by many, you can leave anytime just tell the dealer youre finished as youre getting up. I dont agree with hitting targets then leaving because if youre hitting the cards milk it but a time limit is a good idea because youll satart making stupid calls when you get tired at 5/6 in the morning and then youll go home kicking yourself for not leaving earlier

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

emm - what about those players that 'play-over', they are hit and run merchants. To say that a player cant leave after winning a big pot is a bit childish. If anyone said that to me as I was leaving then I'd have words.

Hyzepher

Play over players have to bring what they left the table back when they get a seat. Im not saying your not allowed to leave im just saying its bad ettiquette

• Advertisement

if I won a huge pot I'd stay a little longer rather then getting up RIGHT THERE AND THEN but in truth I'd want to hit the nuts before betting and 5 mins later I'd be gone.

Its not nice to hit and run but at the same time, this isnt ring-a-ring-of-rosy we're playing here. Someone is going to be up for the night, what are they supposed to do, stay until everyone who has lost money breaks even again?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

What's a 'play-over' player?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

What's a 'play-over' player?
    It's when a seated player fecks off away from his seat for a bit and a waiting player posts and plays from that seat with his own chips until the seats possesor returns.

They can be dodgy gambl0r types.

Advertisement