Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latin Music Night

• 28-09-2004 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm putting it here.

A friend of mine is looking to start a Latin Music Club Night (salsa, meringue, latin, hip-hop, raggaetron, etc.). DJ, dancing, droinking and (wo)manising. :D

This type of night hasn't been done in Dublin before, but before he goes ahead, he's wondering if there would be interest to boardsters or any particular groups, Spanish, Italian and Latin music fans in general.

Is there any hang-outs that the Spanish and Italian communities frequent in Dublin?

All ideas welcome.

Would you be intersted in such a night? 12 votes

Spanish - interested
    0% 0 votes
    Spanish - not interested
    33% 4 votes
    Italian - interested
    0% 0 votes
    Italian - not interested
    0% 0 votes
    Irish / Other - interested
    0% 0 votes
    Irish / Other - not interested
    50% 6 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    16% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There is a group that does very informal Salsa classes in the IFI and some other places. I believe it is every Tuesday evening in the IFI.

It always seems to attract crowds of people.

My girlfriend is Brazilian, and it would be good if there was a Latin or Salsa night on somewhere to take her.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Hey Victor,
    would this be a friend that I know?
    I would be glad to help out if it is...I think it is a great idea. I was looking for such places when I was there and could only find the dance class place. A club that played the music would be awesome, I even thought about starting one up myself.

;)

• Yes, this is a great idea! I've been looking for a latin music club for ages. There are so many Spanish speaking people in Dublin and I think a Latin night would be popular with everyone, judging by how oversubscribed all the Latin dance classes are. I think this is one thing that Dublin is missing, I'd surely go every week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

there is two spanish nights in dublin i know of, trinity arch on a thursday and club m on a Sunday i think, let me kno if you set something up like that would be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

BEAT wrote:
    Hey Victor, would this be a friend that I know?
    Indeed, it is the baldy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There have been Salsa nights in Dublin for years now. Places like the Garda Club, Earl of Kildare Hotel, The Castle and other places have been doing it for some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Flukey wrote:
    There have been Salsa nights in Dublin for years now. Places like the Garda Club, Earl of Kildare Hotel, The Castle and other places have been doing it for some time.
    He's thinking of something more sophisitcated than noob salsa. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 evilbubbs

Flukey wrote:

i think the point needs to be made it aint a salsa night
    it isnt really a spainish night.
    it appears that the night itself would have more musical variety but leaning toward the whole american continent.

after that for a defination (well the best that can be done as this hasnt been done here really) what would be the opinion now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I know, but there are some of the different Latin dance styles going on around Dublin as well as Salsa. The Salsa is in the Garda Club on Thursdays. I know some people that go to that. At any of the places mentioned you'll find people who know of other places.

I just had a quick search on Google and came up with this:
    The Latin American Solidarity Centre: http://www.lasc.ie
    ..and their information pages: http://www.lasc.ie/infosheets/invos.html

you know what im wondering now.

do we need a dance board, and i dont mean dance music thing?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

a friend of mine hit the wrong radio button and wants to know how one would change his vote...ahem..

*ashamed*

why not just post your answer for all to see good bad or atari jag lol

Advertisement