Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows Start button text change!

Options
  • 28-09-2004 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

hey!

I tried changing the text on Start button, I edited explorer.exe, changed everything! but it only works in XP theme! it doesn't in Classic theme!

when I change to the xp theme, the text on the button changes to whatever i wrote there, but when I switch back to classic theme, it goes back to "Start"

do you know how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

You cant change this because classic is not a theme and therefore can’t be edited, if you were running Style XP and try to apply a visual style to the current theme (current theme been Classic) then it cant change it, basically because classic cant be skinned.

Some people might prefer the classic look, or some because Classic requires a little bit less resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

jessy wrote:
    You cant change this because classic is not a theme and therefore can’t be edited, if you were running Style XP and try to apply a visual style to the current theme (current theme been Classic) then it cant change it, basically because classic cant be skinned.
    In the old days a hex editor would sort out the job (no skins involved whatsoever obviously). I assume that's what CyberGhost is doing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The Classic Start menu is specifically mentioned here, but SP2 isn't mentioned. Try trolling through these results a bit more.

adam

Advertisement