Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dare to venture forth..

Options
  • 28-09-2004 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

After being introduced to this site today by a buddy, Ionapaul, I am now considering venturing into that intriguing world of real life poker play.
    I have played poker regularly enough online, and have probably lapsed into making some "iffy" decisions based on the faceless nature of online gambling. Now as I dare to take my poker playing ability to the real world, I am wondering what level of play exists in Ireland. Is there room on the scene for a "novice" player??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

the vast majority of us are/ were novices in the last 6 months, I didnt know there was different types of poker a year ago and had never played any type so yea theres always room for some more fish ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Hixfunk

Fair enough....some more fresh cash on the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Have a look at the various stickies in this forum for details and advice on the tournaments in Dublin cardrooms.
    I think the vast majority of people here have followed the Fitz freeroll - €20 game - occasional €250 (via ticket).
    If you have the cash I suggest you try the Monday €100 or Friday €50+€50 games. They're usually of a high standard of play and a great way of learning the finer points of live play.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Start with the Freeroll (usually Thursdays and Sundays at 9 in the Fitz and Monday in the Merrion but this Thursday the Fitz freeroll is at 5 and they have the big monthly game then). Alternatively (and in many ways better) are the Sit and Go games in the Fitz from 4ish until 8ish on Thurs - Sunday.

Like Oscar I was a beginner this year too. Started late Jan, early Feb. Still a beginner truth be told! The standard of play in live tournies is superb once you get out to the level of the 50 Euro tournies and higher.

DeV.

Advertisement