Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ready Steady Vomit!

• 28-09-2004 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

I thought I’d write this as I sat down this evening to watch some TV, I decided upon watching Ready Steady Cook. Something that I used to watch religiously when I was younger. Having watched these programs, I was inspired to become a chef. I did a year’s worth of catering college loved but hated working in industry, now I am in my 3rd year of Software Engineering but that’s enough about me. Watching Ready Steady Cook I felt like I was going to puke, firstly at the sight of that useless hapless cook turned presenter namely Ainsley Harriett he’s unconditionally awful to say the least, secondly the rubbish chefs they employ on the show, and finally the worst thing of all is what the chef’s dish up. Tbh I pity the people who eat this crap, but these people are clearly the dimmest people to ever grace television and only do this show to gain fame and notoriety. Surely no matter what people say about them only having twenty minutes to produce something, it has to be inedible and what worse is its presentation. Cookery programmes fill up the gaps on daytime television, the biggest breathing ground for the crap is on UK Food, how in the hell does this channel and others get any viewers. The reason why I was inspired to become a chef was because Keith Floyd and The Roux brothers. Excellent chefs to say the least despite Keith’s drinking, and Delia Smith also has transformed cooking in Britain. What summed the crap food shows up the most was when one of the regulars from UK Food criticised Gordon Ramsey’s Hell’s Kitchen. Gordon’s response was who the hell is the monkey nobody, this nobody and Anthony Worral Thompson were ran out of the restaurant. The point is these days time “Chefs” are plucked from obscurity, given basic culinary skills, given all their ingredients pre prepared and all that is left to do is piece this crap together. Real chef’s like Gordon Ramsey, The Roux Brothers, Gary Rhodes and others alike have all their own Restaurant, where 95% of these television chefs have nothing to their name except the crap food. Sorry but I really felt I had to vent some anger.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How many of the dishes have you tasted then?

(btw, I agree that it's a load of oul' tat, and AH is a git, but, you know, turn it off. And are you implying that Ainsley Harriott caused you to give up a career as a chef?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Er, what's with the vendetta against AH?*

You tried as a chef. You failed. Clearly the chefs food is fairly good, considering many own award-winning restaurtans, which is the reason they become celebrities.

*-AH probably isn't the best chef ever. Not sure if he ever owned or worked in an award winning restaurant - clearly he's just there to be a jolly large host, nothing more.

Edit:"Gary Rhodes"... I've seen him on Ready, Steady Cook quite a few times.

Incidentally, the prizes on that show are really terrible. A 100 pound voucher? Ooo, err, breaking the bank are we, BBC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the lack of paragraphs makes baby jeebus cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

Mossy Monk wrote:
    the lack of paragraphs makes baby jeebus cry

Excactomundo.

Why would you watch cooking shows anyway? Unless its the hot cook chick, whats her name again, Nigella, thats the one!

Advertisement