Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lil help please!

Options
  • 28-09-2004 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All,

looking for some advice on which smartphone to buy - had a gander at the archives but don't think this has come up recently.

key features for me would be:

mp3/media player
    1Gb+ expandable memory slot
    camera & video camera
    gprs
    bluetooth
    wi-fi
    PDA functions
    an operating system

Is it unrealistic to expect all this in one device?

Is it possible to get in-ear headphones (the kind with a rubber flange that block out outside noise) for a device like this?

Is it possible to somehow connect a device like this to a hi-fi/car stereo to play mp3s through?

A lot of questions I know, all replies appreciated,

Cheers,

Guv.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

I got the Nokia 2650 yesterday and its fairly well equipped but the company I got it from also had the new Nokia 6260 available and that should fit the bill without breaking the bank.

It has FM radio and MP3 player , camera & video camera , gprs
    bluetooth , PDA fucntions Quickword and Quickpoint for viewing documents HTML Internet browser and PDA Work and PDA Powerpoint , it dont know if it had wifi but it is wireless and will connect straight to your computer.
    It comes with a fairly big memory , but I think you can get it with a 512mb card and a 1gb card for 95-140 euro extra.

See what you think , if you like it Ill give you the number of the guy I was talkin too . They have an ad still I think at http://www.freeads.ie/Classifieds/ClassifiedsAdDetails.asp?ID=2788

The phones about 495 euro simfree

pm_6260_cs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭easy guv'nor

hmm - looks nice alright and the fm-radio feature would be handy too.

At the moment I'm kind of leaning towards something like a orange c500 (think they're made by i-mate) or an Ipaq with wi-fi?

Any comments anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

c500 is made by HTC, then a whole load of companies rebrand / package their devices such as i-Mate, Qtek and operators like O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone...

so far there is only one iPAQ with WiFi and GSM/GPRS built in...

check this recent thread for further reading... maybe look into your requirements / tasks you intend to carry out to help you decide what kind of device you are after rather than the low-level spec / features of the device e.g. a Pocket PC Phone Edition would fulfill different needs compared to the likes of a Smartphone...

most of the devices with phone capability would come with 2.5mm 'phone headset' socket, some 3rd party adapters are available for certain devices to plug a regular 3.5mm mini-jack headphones into [e.g. PocketPC Techs make some for Windows Mobile devices]

BrianG

Advertisement