Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Ears!

Options
  • 28-09-2004 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

okkkkkk

so my watercooling stuff came and i thought ..the rads gonna be the only problem, finding somewhere to mount it, i took out the hard drive cage at the bottom and got it laid on its side (think thats ok?)

stuck these 2 hugggeeee panaflo fans on each side to see how loud it would be and er.....i cant put up with this! ive never heard such a loud pc in my entire life! these must be the panaflos that are 41dB each because the noise is killing me!!!!

is there anything i can do, i read about the 7v mod but that sounds like it involves soldering which i dont really want to do :rolleyes:

they have the 4pin moloxes with a red and black in, then they have a spare yellow with nothing on the end, is that so you can do the 7v mod because they know its so damn loud!!!!

pleaaasee any help, while i go get some damn headphones :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

To 7-volt a fan requires no soldering, you just need a molex-fan connector and then you switch some of the pins. Do a google, you should find some tutorials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

googling it ive come across:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/directron/12to7.html

now ok its america so ive still gotta find it here in the uk but..would that do the job?...and if so would these have to be connected directly to the psu molex ..instead of on the end of a chain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ok so last i heard molex meant the 4 pin yolks that came from the psu ;) . But either way running a fan @12v is gonna be noisey specially if you have 2. U need a fan controller TBH, so you can mix noise with performance.

I have the Aero II from hitide and its excellent, really like it myself (along with the PSU - which is great , so silent)..... i need to get my pc in order, just got my connection back so wont be long :D

You really shouldnt be running the fans @12v, either get a 7v adapter (along with a molex-fan adapter like ciaran said) or look at a fan conroller..... Especially since you have a panflow fan and you like ur PC quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

All you need is one of these:

fanb.jpg

Then you need to switch the wires around lik this:

7v.gif

and don't use that adapter to plug it into anything else!

but i cant plug the yellow wire into anything :eek:

i keep getting told to plug it in..but theres no connector on the end

its just a wire..take your kettle ...get a knife and chop the plug off :p ..and your left with a wire, thats like what my yellow one looks like theres no metal showing through at the end so i would need to remove some of the coveriing round it too

but i dont see how im suppose to put a connector on the end...solder it?!

feck it ok i see, ive been rather annoyed over the last few days, not paying attention , get a 4 pin to 3 pin adapter then rig it up to a fan controller...got it

gonna have to get a 5.25" bay 1 though..coz my floppy bays will be full...unless you can get cases with 3 floppy bays, im not too bothered i just need to find a good case! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

right

to my bloody shock horror!

the only case i can find big enough to give me lots of options where to put stuff and whatever..is the CM Stacker!

a blue trim one with a window is £129 :eek:

but like u said to slow down these fans im gonna need a fan controller, so something cheap that will go with it:

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product&p_serial=ALD-V01&other_title=+ALD-V01+Aerogate%20I

along with 2 4 to 3 pin fan adapters...and im good to go?

all this ok or can anyone suggest another case or fan controller, i really dont want to mess around with wires if i can get out of doing so...the 4 to 3 pin adapters are only £1 each so i can just about live with that...i dont think my account can though :rolleyes:

Advertisement