Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice needed

Options
  • 28-09-2004 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

My friend git a car for her 18th about a yr and a half ago but cudnt drive it for medical reasons well now she can and she doesnt think her dad has the deeds to the car as shud,the woman who he bought it off is living in england somewhere,its a 00 fiesta zetec ghia,If she cant get the change of ownership whats the story,sell it for parts?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

contact your local motor tax office - they can tell you if your friend / friends da is the registered owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Are you serious? If your 'friends' dad is the legal owner then replacement documents cost €15 from the Vehicle Licensing Authority (form from garda station). If as may be the case, the car wasn't transferred out of the previous owners name then you will need to get a letter or signed transfer form from them in order to get replacement papers, I find that speeding past a fixed camera several times will get their attention quickly but won't work if they are in Blighty.

If you scrap it you will get nothing close to its value - try to establish ownership, or failing that buy the identity of a crashed one (which is highly illegal and I could never condone it - ignore that last remark)

'ceptr

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

get an RF134 form off the guards!!

there's another form I can't remember which one it is I'll find out tomorrow and let you know!!

Advertisement