Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what program is for phone video encoding

Options
  • 28-09-2004 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

Anybody out there where i can get an encoder for converting avi or mpeg files into video for moblie phones ..i think it 3gpp or something like that
    any help here would bre great.......thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Google for mpegable. I know it converts to .3gp but not sure about .3gpp. I have successfully encoded a few videos to .3gp and it works really well. There is a tutorial on esato somewhere about how to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

use Smartmovie, its great :) i have an episode of the Simpsons on my ngage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

From what I can see, Smartmovie won't do this. Smartmovie simply reduces the video to a small avi format movie. Then you install Smartmovie player on a symbian handset to play it.

I use Nokia's 'Nokia Multimedia converter'. .. works fine for me on my 6230.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

have used iMovie (export to QT | Expert Settings) that comes as standard on a Mac - also used QuickTime Pro on the PC

you could also try the Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0 to see if that works out (joining Forum Nokia gets you a serial number)...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

i used a program called canopus procoder which i got off kazaa,you need to enter in all the setting for the type of media file you want,my n-gage is gone and so is that prog with the setting so a bit of trial and error should do it!!
    Hakko

• Advertisement
Advertisement