Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spaceballs sequel on the way....

• 28-09-2004 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

LINKAGE

:D Mell Brooks did a fine job of ripping the piss outta the first trilogy...so I doubt he will have his work cut out for him with this one. He's writing the script and in Mels words on release date....
    MB : Best case scenario : a week before the new Star Wars opens. Worst Case Scenario : a year after the new star wars opens.

John Candy R.I.P.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I loved Spaceballs as a kid.
    I saw it a few months back and thought "where's the jokes?"

Should have left it after Blazing Saddles tbh!

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

what will it be called?

Spaceballs 2: search for more money?

lol

Ebonyks wrote:
    John Candy R.I.P.

:(

what a great actor!

everytime I watch him, It brings smile to my face!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

flogen wrote:
    I loved Spaceballs as a kid.
    I saw it a few months back and thought "where's the jokes?"

Should have left it after Blazing Saddles tbh!

flogen

Aw no, how can you say that. I have both on DVD and I find spaceballs to be the funniest by far. Lord helmet is just the nuts. There's so much in it thats so funny. Where do i start....ludicrous speed..the asshole family...the radar being jammed..'spaceballs the movie' scene with lord helmet...Barf..Combing the desert...its brilliant...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

CyberGhost wrote:
    what will it be called?

Spaceballs 2: search for more money?

lol
    lol

Have the original on DVD, still think its great.

"I'm a Mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i wonder will they have another advance breakthrough in home video, and have spaceballs2 out on dvd, before they even finish making it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Spaceballs 2 brought to you by Mel " I had an original Idea back in 1985" Brooks

I'm sorry The Producers is one of the funniest films ever;

"Hitler was smarter the Churchill he was funnier than Churchill, he was a better dancer, he told better jokes, and he was a better painter than Churchill, two coats TWO COATS in a single day"

and Blazing Saddles is a brilliant film;

"What were you expecting? "Come in sonny and marry my daughter?" these are the common people, the wee folk, the little people, the salt of the earth, clodhoppers; y'know? Morons"

But Robin Hood men in tights? No no no no. The Producers the musical is the best work Brooks has done in years, and thats rehashing an old gem. This does not bode well.

Someone should drive a stake through the heart of this idea, then feed the idea to alligator, then kill the alligator, burn it and scatter the ashes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Doesn't say anything on IMDB about it, and they're usually ahead of the rest.

And this interview with Mel Brooks from Monday makes no mention of it. Could be a Pork Pie, though not a Kosher one

KNOCK ON THE DOOR, KNOCK BEFORE YOU ENTER!!!!!! did you see anything?
    No sir, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!
    good!

lol, love that movie!

Ebonyks, what trilogy are you talking about? is there another movie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Ebonyks, what trilogy are you talking about? is there another movie?

As in the second Star Wars trilogy (uno, dos, tres) (or second made...whatever). Which doesn't include John Candys character. Ofcourse, that doesn't mean i wouldn't like to have seen him in this somewhere. On the subject of cast, Rick Moranis is pushing 50 now. Has he retired? Havn't seen the guy in ages. The rest of the cast apart from Mel himself, I can't seem to recall.

Anyway, i think it's a good idea even if it's still kind of a rumour. I can't remember a Mel Brooks flick i didn't like.....well maybe that Dracula one he did. But there is one good line from it..."Give him an enema! It will give him a sense of accomplishment." Ah, I suppose they're all brilliant.

Dark Helmet: "Ludicrous speed . . . go!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

is it just me or did spaceballs suck ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think it's just you IrishMike ;) It's best to watch Spaceballs when you're drunk though, it seems much funnier that way.
    Perhaps the next Spaceballs will be Spaceballs 3: The search for Spaceballs 2. Brooks once said that in an interview once, possible on Parkinson I can't really remember as it was quite a long time ago. He did say then that he was never going to make a Spaceballs 2, but things change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

spaceballs was brilliant :) as was men in tights... i've watched those films way... way too much

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Lord Helmet: Who are you?
    Bearded Lady: I'm the bearded lady.
    Escape pod blasts off with bearded lady inside
    Lord Helmet: Come back here you fat bearded bitch.

so so funny. And one word of advice. never get thick with an ex girlfriend and shout the above to her. it brings undesirable consequences. Almost as bad as calling someone a "big fat mess".

Lord Helmet: Who are you?
    Bearded Lady: I'm the bearded lady.
    Escape pod blasts off with bearded lady inside
    Lord Helmet: Come back here you fat bearded bitch.

so so funny. And one word of advice. never get thick with an ex girlfriend and shout the above to her. it brings undesirable consequences. Almost as bad as calling someone a "big fat mess".

Generally most of us were born with the god given sense that those words should never be uttered to an ex girlfriend...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

jor el wrote:
    I think it's just you IrishMike ;) It's best to watch Spaceballs when you're drunk though

I think it's best to watch it when you are a kid. I loved it when I first saw it when I was young.. but then I was alot more into Star Wars back then as well. Of course alot of the jokes go over your head as well when you are a kid, so it is worth revisiting to a degree... But when I last saw it, it really didn't do much for me at all.

Mycroft is right. The best thing Mel has done is The Producers, which is one of the all time greats of cinema. And I really don't think it needs a remake.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The only bit I remember was the "lightsaber" fight where they accidently kill a cameraman. Laughed quite a bit at that one.

On the subject of Mel Brooks - History of the World Part I was very funny, remember: "PISS BOY!!!"; "EVERYONE MOUNT THE QUEEN". The "Jews in Space" trailer at the end was just inspired!

Advertisement